Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Ever wish the doctor was wrong?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 24 Replies
I LOVE my kids' pediatrician. He is wonderful. He is always there when I have a problem. And I can't remember a time when he was ever wrong in what he told me. Even when I thought there was no way he could be right, he was. But this time I really hope he is wrong. Yes I want answers. Yes I want my daughter better, but I don't want this for her. It isn't some horrible diagnosis - there are so many worse things - but I am the type of person that wants to fix things NOW. I can't fix this. We are going on four months of trying to figure it out and we will. Sorry but I just needed to vent. I've been reading about it and I am afraid the doctor is right again :(
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Oh gosh. I can sympathize with how you feel. I begged and pleaded that the drs would be wrong. I prayed every night that Cody wouldn't have cmt. I am like you in that I want to fix what's wrong right now. I can't fix his cmt. I can't stop it. I can't make it go away and it kills me. 

I'm really sorry about what you are going through. I hope you get answers and I hope your daughter gets better. 

SnapShotMama
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I feel ya. I have spent this entire year 100% in getting answerers and fixing things...I want him of as much medicine as possible. I have gone from 18 to 5 in the last 10 months!!! A ng tube and possibly gtube could take him off two more and give him what his body needs. He looks great on the outside but on the inside out is one jumbled mess. We tend to get one answer. ..and then 10 new questions! Thus is our life.
I think it's hard to not want to Fix things and to Jay day this is the way it is. It's what drives us to do the best we possibly can.
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM
*HUGS*
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Hugs!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM
What is he saying?
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
What is the diagnosis?
Pukalani79
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Oh yes I know what you mean!  Our pediatrician has told us that the best we can do for her is to manage the pain rather than eliminate it.  After 2 1/2 years, I'm afraid she may be right *sigh*  ((HUGS))

2010twingirls
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
That is exactly what I was told last night - all you can do is try to make her comfortable. He said to make sure I was giving her ibuprofen - on a full stomach - based on her weight. Considering she doesn't want to eat much right now, I am hoping a full stomach of milk helps.

Quoting Pukalani79:

Oh yes I know what you mean!  Our pediatrician has told us that the best we can do for her is to manage the pain rather than eliminate it.  After 2 1/2 years, I'm afraid she may be right *sigh*  ((HUGS))

2010twingirls
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Pediatrician says she has arthritis. Rheumatologist says she doesn't. She just turned three, hates doctors, has limited verbal skills and really can't tell us what is wrong. I just watch her constantly get sick and be in pain and have to wait for her to get somewhat better.

Quoting DDDaysh:

What is the diagnosis?

2010twingirls
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Possibly arthritis. Like she needs one more thing wrong. The only thing we have officially diagnosed is a speech delay. Everything else is a guessing game. The older she gets the more things are coming out yet I have been saying for two years that something isn't right.

Quoting DDDaysh:

What is the diagnosis?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN