Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Going to the ENT today ***Updated***

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 21 Replies
I called this morning and the ENT has an opening today. I guess we will find out for sure whether or not there is a problem with her ears or whether the pain is being caused by something else (like arthritis in her jaw like her doctor thinks). I have very mixed feelings. I am afraid they are going to say nothing is wrong or tell me she needs her tonsils out or that there is a serious problem with her ear that no one has found yet. Ten days of constant pain is too much for a 3 year old. I want answers but am afraid of what they are.

***Update***
One tube is out and there is already fluid behind the ear drum. No infection - yet. The other tube is coming out too. I was given the option to wait a few months and see how she does or go ahead and remove and replace both tubes. I scheduled the surgery already. Not that I want surgery, but I would be surprised if we even make it the next few weeks until the surgery without an infection. The tube was in place and draining 3 weeks ago and now it is out. And he said her tonsils were big but ok. He asked if she snored and I said sometimes. So sometimes wasn't enough to get adenoids out. So while we are going to fix one problem, we don't really know if that is the only problem. Ear problems don't explain the recent complaints of her elbow and wrist hurting. I'm not going to give up but I want to at this point.
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Good luck. I hope they figure it out.
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Good luck. I hope the are able to give you some answers. Whatever it is I hope it's something that can be helped so she can feel better soon.

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Throat pain can cause ear pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassidysmom611
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Good luck, I hope they find an answer and are able to help!!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM
*HUGS*
SnapShotMama
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM
That's always my worry. When I know something isn't right I fear the "its nothing" crap :/ hugs mama! Keep us updated!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Hugs mama...glad she's getting the tubes replaced soon!

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Too bad you can't do tonsils, adenoids, and tubes in one shot like my LO did this summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapShotMama
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Glad they are being proactive about it! Dd had her left tube clogged this past summer, she ended up with a infection in the canal and middle ear (both at the same time in the left!) And we just barly got it cleared in time for surgery! Would they give her ear drops just as a prevention?
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I'm glad they at least got the ears taken care of. Now I hope you can get some answers about her other pain. Good luck with all of this. Hope she doesn't get any infection before surgery. ***HUGS!***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN