Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Behavior Issue and Pain

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter has been having a lot of pain and discomfort lately. I give her pain medicine but some days it doesn't help at all. She has been very defiant and either completely withdraws and plays alone or she picks at the other kids. Today she woke up from her nap early and wanted to be held. So I held her on the couch. She stayed for a few minutes then moved away, started kicking her feet, then she started knocking stuff off of the couch. My mom happened to be visiting and I looked at her and said there isn't anyone even doing anything to her to get her act this way. My mom and I were thinking maybe she is uncomfortable and just doesn't know what to do with herself. She has always been a challenge behavior wise, but this is a different type of behavior. Anyone else had a child that acts out when they aren't feeling well?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mipsy
by Chelle on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Yes! My son does! In fact, after he switched from a gtube to a gjtube and his tummy felt better, even his school said it was a night and day change in behavior! They can definitely act out from the pain. The best thing to do is try and figure out the source and fix it
mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Good luck!
raysma07
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM

My son as some people would describe as unbareably unconrolable when he is not feeling good or is tired. I understand what you are going threw.

2010twingirls
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I know the current source of her pain is her ears. She will have her PE tubes removed and replaced but not until Nov 13. And I can only pray that the tubes are her issue. Her pediatrician thinks it is her jaw and possibly arthritis. I give her motrin when she is allowed to have it. I tried tonight to give her Tylenol because the motrin didn't help at all today but she spit it out. I feel so bad for her and then I feel worse when I lose my patience with the way she is behaving. It is difficult to figure out how to discipline her so the other kids don't think her behavior is acceptable but at the same time understand that she is probably miserable.

Quoting Mipsy:

Yes! My son does! In fact, after he switched from a gtube to a gjtube and his tummy felt better, even his school said it was a night and day change in behavior! They can definitely act out from the pain. The best thing to do is try and figure out the source and fix it

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

yes , my kid has always acted out when not feeling good

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM

How old is your child?  Most kids act out when they don't feel well.  I'm sorry and hope you get some answers soon!

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I hope you get some answers soon. Hugs!

2010twingirls
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM
She is three. It is tough because I just want to ignore and let her get her frustration out, but I don't want the other kids to think her behavior is any way appropriate or acceptable. I feel like she always gets the extra chance or is let to do things that the other kids aren't because we all feel so bad for her. We will get answers hopefully soon and hopefully those answers provide us with the opportunity to help her feel better.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

How old is your child?  Most kids act out when they don't feel well.  I'm sorry and hope you get some answers soon!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Hugs mama!  

Quoting 2010twingirls:

She is three. It is tough because I just want to ignore and let her get her frustration out, but I don't want the other kids to think her behavior is any way appropriate or acceptable. I feel like she always gets the extra chance or is let to do things that the other kids aren't because we all feel so bad for her. We will get answers hopefully soon and hopefully those answers provide us with the opportunity to help her feel better.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)