Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they are back and bigger and worse than before! UPDATE!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 20 Replies

So those what appeared to be bug bites but turned out to be a reaction to some thing went away for a couple days and now are back bigger and way way more than before. took him back to the doctor and they are hives but we can't figure out from what! I changed his soap and laundry soap to sensitive  they went away but this morning when he woke up I almost wanted to take him to the hospital . and he says they ich real bad. was given steriod cream and more benadryl. but what do I do now? I am freaking out cause I am scared of everthing he eats and touches. I called to schedule a allergy test but they gave me an appt, for Dec. 2nd ! WTH!

Update: SO we went to one Er and we left right after the triage! I was horrified they didn't ask any questions about meds he is on allergies or basically nothing and they yelled at him cause he can't hold the thermometer under his tounge.

Then we went to another and he re is what they said once they looked at them and I quote the discharge papers: Your child has been seen today for a Rash , Nonspecific . It isn't possible to name you'r childs rash or say for certian what is causing it.  Ok so is this supossed to make me or him feel better ? I am at a loss!

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM

whoa , i hope you find out soon , could these be from the sun

raysma07
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

No it has been freezing here he has been dressed warm!

Quoting letstalk747:

whoa , i hope you find out soon , could these be from the sun

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Is he on Claritin or any kind of antihistamine?  I would highly recommend starting him if you aren't.  It can help, even though it takes a few weeks for his body to get used to it.  Have you tried Benedryl?  Not the cream but the liquid?

mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
*hugs* hope he gets some relief.
raysma07
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Yes he is taking oral liquid benadryl and a steriod cream for the legs . but I will say I am scared this can turn worse. I tols my MIL if this gets any worse we are going to the ER. I love our Peds. doctor but this is crazy!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Is he on Claritin or any kind of antihistamine?  I would highly recommend starting him if you aren't.  It can help, even though it takes a few weeks for his body to get used to it.  Have you tried Benedryl?  Not the cream but the liquid?

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I put Lina and A on Zyrtec and in both of them their symptoms went away in less than two days. A was bad because out of the blue she'd have hives and we couldn't figure it out either. The Zyrtec kept her comfortable and mostly hive free for a few months then when she finally told me about the way her mouth would feel after eating a couple of pieces shrimp she was sent for testing. It took about a month before she could be seen also. 

You can try the antihistamine, the steroid cream, give him a lukewarm bath NO soap, wash all his things (bedding, clothing, even his shoes if possible) in just hot water ONLY. That will take the residue out of all that. Even tho you switched to a gentle soap it could still be bothering him. I just became allergic to hydrocortisone cream in the last couple months. When I have to put it on someone I have to use a cotton ball then scrub my hands.

Good Luck! I know this isn't easy.

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I hope they figure it out soon.
raysma07
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Thank you very much I am going do the wash everthing in hot water thing and see if that helps. I am so sad because he tells me mommy my legs itch really bad!

Quoting Linagma03:

I put Lina and A on Zyrtec and in both of them their symptoms went away in less than two days. A was bad because out of the blue she'd have hives and we couldn't figure it out either. The Zyrtec kept her comfortable and mostly hive free for a few months then when she finally told me about the way her mouth would feel after eating a couple of pieces shrimp she was sent for testing. It took about a month before she could be seen also. 

You can try the antihistamine, the steroid cream, give him a lukewarm bath NO soap, wash all his things (bedding, clothing, even his shoes if possible) in just hot water ONLY. That will take the residue out of all that. Even tho you switched to a gentle soap it could still be bothering him. I just became allergic to hydrocortisone cream in the last couple months. When I have to put it on someone I have to use a cotton ball then scrub my hands.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I hope that helps. I know when A was breaking out and we couldn't figure it out and she'd tell me how bad she itched and how it hurt sometimes it itched so bad and she's a teenager I can imagine just how miserable he can get. The time between now and the appointment is going to seem like forever. I hated watching her go through feeling so bad while we waited. 

Quoting raysma07:

Thank you very much I am going do the wash everthing in hot water thing and see if that helps. I am so sad because he tells me mommy my legs itch really bad!

Quoting Linagma03:

raysma07
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM

we are actually going to take a trip to the ER because he has developed a cough! and I am scared.

Quoting Linagma03:

I hope that helps. I know when A was breaking out and we couldn't figure it out and she'd tell me how bad she itched and how it hurt sometimes it itched so bad and she's a teenager I can imagine just how miserable he can get. The time between now and the appointment is going to seem like forever. I hated watching her go through feeling so bad while we waited. 

Quoting raysma07:

Quoting Linagma03:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)