Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gtube mommas! Question!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

I plan on talking with the high risk and nutrition team next week about this, but wanted to run it by you guys first. 
Stitch is supposed to be getting  876mls of formula a day. This increases 15 mls a week. 
So this week he is supposed to be doing 140 Mls at 9am, 12pm, and 3pm.
Then at night he is supposed to be getting 38mls over a 12 hour period (From 6pm-6am).

His issue is that if I feed him at 9am, he throws up.
I tried yesterday (after feeding him about 30mls and him throwing up) waiting till closer to noon to give him is morning feeding and he was fine. I made up for the volume at night by increasing his feedings.
He used to be up to 50mls for 12 hrs at night, so the extra volume rate doesn't bother him.

Do you think (and I will ask the nutrition team of course) that it would be feasable to skip the 9am feeding all together, and make up for the volume at night? He doesn't act hungry after he wakes up in the morning, and is actually really fussy when I do his feeding.
I tried this again this morning and he didn't throw up.  

What do you think??

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I would definitely run it by his gi team. While he's getting his calories, I don't know that I would completely skip a morning feeding. Can you maybe push it back to 10? 

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I was thinking, maybe just push it back a little and give his body time to wake up more?

Quoting mandee1503:

I would definitely run it by his gi team. While he's getting his calories, I don't know that I would completely skip a morning feeding. Can you maybe push it back to 10? 

lovebug8526
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I have the same issue,  your GI gave is a med to help with digestin, also when the up her feeding they had be do it slow so she could get use to it.  we just when through  her throwing up every feed and she was not sick so they had me run  formalula and pedalite for a day then work my way up to all formaula. Plus are GI doesnt not care how or what time she gets her feeds as long as she get all her calories for the day. 

Mommy2justone
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM

He wakes up at about 7am so he has about 2 hours to wake up and 3 hours to digest before his 9am feeding. 
I will definitely be running it by the feeding team though. 

Quoting mandee1503:

letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

for sure ask the team ,

i did this with my kid  to prevent throwing up also so he got the nutriction and calories

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:25 AM

I agree with Elyssa and Amanda...I would see about pushing it further back if you can.  Hugs mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)