Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Light at the end of the tunnel (transition)

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
DS5 has now been in early intervention classes since July. I've never had much of a chance to talk to the teachers about his progression in class but this morning was our chance to sit down with her and talk about how he's going and about transitioning him to prep next year (after Christmas).

Apparently he has been obsessed with blue (I knew he liked blue but not to that extent) he would even become stressed if the blue paint wasn't put out for him to use. And he was only painting dots, now he does occasionally use a different colour and paints lines :) also they have been practicing writing their name, well he draws lines which she says means that he's starting to understand that writing and pictures have a meaning :)

We have a transition day at the school in the next few weeks and she says he'll be ok just working at his own pace (maybe instead of writing letters, using letter stamps instead or stuff like that :)

Sorry this is long but I'm a proud and relieved mummy :) onwards and upwards for my darling boy!!!
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Great news!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Wonderful to hear!

ashleywheeler13
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
: ) great news!!
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM

That is great!

MommyOK
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

way to go! Stay strong mamma!

letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

wonderfull , keep us posted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)