Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Question for mamas that their kiddo have to take steriods? Update:

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son Has CF and is on steriods quite frequent do you think that the steriods may contribute to his ADHD?

Update : sorry I maybe phrased wrong My son has Adhd and I was wondering if the strreiods might contribute to his behavior because he is on steriods offten.  

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My son was on inhaled steroid (Pulmicort) daily for about 2 years. Also, when he had his bouts of pneumonia, he would take a liquid steroid (prednisolone). He never had any symptoms of ADHD, but I would ask the doctor or pharmacist. You can also check the pamphlet that comes with the medication from your pharmacy and the insert from the drug company, if there is one. It might be a possibility.
Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My LO takes steroids when he has an asthma flare. I don't see adhd, but he sure gets 'roid rage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Brady was also on Pulmicort for 2+ years, but now he's on Flovent (inhaler).  When he's really sick with a lung infection, he will go on prednisolone as well.  He's never had any issues otherwise though.  I would ask his CF doctor if I were you.

Quoting jjamom:

My son was on inhaled steroid (Pulmicort) daily for about 2 years. Also, when he had his bouts of pneumonia, he would take a liquid steroid (prednisolone). He never had any symptoms of ADHD, but I would ask the doctor or pharmacist. You can also check the pamphlet that comes with the medication from your pharmacy and the insert from the drug company, if there is one. It might be a possibility.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)