Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Wth??

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
My ex-caregiver claimed that she worked 44 hours in Oct, and she only worked 17!! Those extra hours, I need for my new caregiver, so I let the agency know, and they sent me her time sheet- for her morning shifts she was clicking out at 11:30-12, (Lion gets on the school bus at 8:30, and she leaves after that!!) and she clocked in on days that she had called in sick... Wow.

So now she is being investigated for Medicaid fraud!

I'm so glad she's not in my house any more.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Some people have some nerve!! Glad they are investigating her.

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Omg! That's crazy! I'm glad they are looking into it. 

Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Omfg!!!! That's disgusting!!!! Do you not have to sign to verify the hours worked? Thats what we have to do. We have to sign the time sheet before they turn it in verifying the hours worked. That's scary she did that!! She's gonna be in so much trouble, wow!!! Idiot!
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM
The thing is, after I had to fire her myself, and things were really really awkward… She brought over her time sheet for me to sign it. That's the only reason I knew she was claiming 44 hours. And I didn't feel comfortable confronting her in my house in front of my kids so I just signed it and then contacted the agency right away!

Quoting Mipsy:

Omfg!!!! That's disgusting!!!! Do you not have to sign to verify the hours worked? Thats what we have to do. We have to sign the time sheet before they turn it in verifying the hours worked. That's scary she did that!! She's gonna be in so much trouble, wow!!! Idiot!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Ah I see and I totally understand! The fact that she had the balls to do that is disgusting!!!

Quoting Elyssa414:

The thing is, after I had to fire her myself, and things were really really awkward… She brought over her time sheet for me to sign it. That's the only reason I knew she was claiming 44 hours. And I didn't feel comfortable confronting her in my house in front of my kids so I just signed it and then contacted the agency right away!

Quoting Mipsy:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Awful! But she did it to herself!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Yikes.  Glad she is gone! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Wow...people like her don't belong in home healthcare.  That's ridiculous!  Hope you get your hours for November.  Hugs!

jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Wow! I just don't get what kind of conscience allows people to do things like this and think it's ok. Smh. I hope you still get the hours for Nov!
jessicamccasey
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

That's terrible! Stories like this are why I'm so hesitant to ask insurance for hours.  I'm terrified of who might show up at my door haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)