Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Does your child have a special nickname?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does your child have a special nickname that only you call him?

My friend calls her son "Joe" after a character in a Veggie Tales movie.  It was one of her son's favorite movies when he was little.  She's the only one who can get away with calling him this and it's not in any way related to his given name.

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I call my son, Alex, Ally Bop and Bubby. DH calls him Big Al (after a Marine Corps Commandant they called that) it's funny because he is really so small for his age!
Tal0n
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I call her Chibi, or Chibi-face.  Her grandparents call her Ripper (her name is Ripley).

I also call her Donnie (and she's started to respond to it) because DONNIE (From Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) corrects people almost as much as she does!!

My entire family thinks this is hilarious and also true.

My brother calls her Bug...which irritates the crap out of her, which makes him do it more, which further annoys her and then he suggests that if she doesn't lower her tone, they can turn the car around, to to her room, sit on her bed and talk about their feelings.  (although I think her feelings would be hurt if Uncle Brycie DIDN'T call her Bug)

This discipline scenario actually happened and being the loving family we are, years later we still use it.  The oddest consequences have the best effects on her behavior, I swear.

MauiStylinMommy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Yup! She's our Bubbles! She got it because her laugh sounds so bubbly! :o)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TatyBear
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Haha ya....ugly and smelly. And sometimes butt face.

For my.older two.

And moo shoo pork for lo.
jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM
My Dad has always called me Bug or The Bug. I'm 44 and he still calls me that! It started as Lovebug when I was a baby.

Quoting Tal0n:

I call her Chibi, or Chibi-face.  Her grandparents call her Ripper (her name is Ripley).

I
also call her Donnie (and she's started to respond to it) because
DONNIE (From Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) corrects people almost as
much as she does!!

My entire family thinks this is hilarious and also true.

My
brother calls her Bug...which irritates the crap out of her, which
makes him do it more, which further annoys her and then he suggests that
if she doesn't lower her tone, they can turn the car around, to to her
room, sit on her bed and talk about their feelings.  (although I think her feelings would be hurt if Uncle Brycie DIDN'T call her Bug)

This discipline scenario actually happened and being the loving family we are, years later we still use it.  The oddest consequences have the best effects on her behavior, I swear.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I use Kate, princess, baby girl. She prefers princess. Lol when she was little we use to call her Katy bug. 

I call Jacob, little man, mr ____ whatever I'm in the mood, sometimes man. And when he was smaller, peanut. Because he was so tiny for the first 5 months. 

letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM

my son i call jessikins and baboushka

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Maggie is Maggie moo, Mags, sister, little miss...she has quite a few lol. Zack is bubba. Jeremiah is Jer Bear, little man, and stinker.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I usually call Lina goober. She always tells me she's not a goober. Papa calls her fart bucket, because this kid passes more gas than a refinery can produce in a month I swear. She laughs at being called a fart bucket.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Brady is Brady-cakes, Brads, Bradyness, Stinky, Smelly, Chubby, all kinds of stuff!  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN