Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Caregiving service for child with Psychiatric disorders?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
Does anyone know if insurance pays for caregivers for psychiatric services. I know it's a long shot. Im just so burnt out lately. We mainly just need help with our daughter after school. Any ideas please chime in!
pregnancy calendar
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Never hurts to ask! Good luck!
letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

some might , i dont know

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

This!

Quoting arkansasmama08:

Never hurts to ask! Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Not sure but I'd definitely ask!  Good luck:)

nomadbrat83
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
If your child qualifies for respite then yes. Though if your child is like really violent, then maybe not.
Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I bet they could qualify for specialized respite if the child is violent. So they could have someone come in who is trained to deal with any violent situation that may arise due to psychological issues.

OP, I don't see why not. Check with your policy and see if they cover respite care (that's the care you're looking for) and it may even say in there under what circumstances they do or do not cover it. Or you could just go to the child's Dr and ask that they write a script for it basically. *hugs* I hope they cover it for you. I know parents with children with psychiatric disorders really deserve a break. It's exhausting in so many ways I'm sure I don't even understand. Keep us updated momma

Quoting nomadbrat83:

If your child qualifies for respite then yes. Though if your child is like really violent, then maybe not.
drowningmama
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Respite.  I dunno?  Insurance pays for nothing for us.

JOEJULA
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Thank you guys for all the advice. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover any of this. We are apply for SSI for her. We just received SSI for my other daughter who is disabled. We should hear something back from them soon. Thank you guys for all the advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN