Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

So much for being done buying winter clothes!!!

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay so last weekend I finished up buying winter clothes for Zach and Lilly, well most likely not so much for Zach. Yesterday I do not remember what he ate for breakfast simply because he ate 4 plates of oysters and mussels at the Chinese buffet we were at. Now today I was making pancakes and he begs to eat cereal while I cook. I'm like ok, so I gave him cereal. He was with me while I cooked and I stopped to think what all he ate afterwards, He ate two bowls of cereal with milk, four egg whites (I put the yokes on my eggs instead of syrup) three pancakes, a piece of bacon and at least one glass of milk. By the time he finishes the last pancake I said that is enough for now. He replied with "okay, but I may want more later"

I took one look at him and his pants do not reach his ankles and his shirt sleeves to not quite reach his wrists, I just bought them!!!

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO!!!!!! Lina has gone thru a growth spurt 3 times in this year alone. It just amazes me that one day the clothes fit then just one or two days later they are too little and I just bought them! She did that to me about 6 months ago. Just in the last year she has gone from 4'4?" to last Dr appt 4'7.5". It is just amazing and frustrating at the same time. There really needs to be a message that flashes on a kids forehead that reads "growth spurt do not buy clothing or shoes" then another one that reads "growth spurt over you may now buy clothes and shoes" 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM

How funny!  Love it when they grow:)

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Lol! I always buy dd's clothes the next size up. It's easier to hem them then to constantly have to buy new clothes. 

letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM

my son is in a growth spurt too i love it , just the fact that he is growing is really amazing to me

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Its crazy isn't it? My daughter turned 5 in June. When it turned cold we dug out the coats from last year. Hers was a 4t and had been big. This year its much too small. She shot from a 4t to a 7/8 in girls!
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Buy bigger, Momma!!

Wow, that's a huge growth spurt coming on! How old is he?

aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I go up a size or two...we have school uniforms to buy and I always go up one two sizes as a rule of thumb. My problem is shoes and glasses. We got my daughter new glasses in at the end of July. She broke her glasses and we had to go up 3 sizes and buy all new glasses. The lady who helped us this time made sure she had room to grow.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
No wonder the poor kids hungry. He's growing before your eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissadavis
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM

He will be 4 on the 23rd, I have a hard time buying him clothes a size larger because his little but is so flat. He has a round little belly with a flat but and no hips, I buy him pants with the adjustable waist but they still slide down.  :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)