Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Whirlwind

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
So, the day our new nurse started and a big reason she was awesome but I left out cuz i wasnt ready to talk, my dad called me and had a flight for me and ty to fly to CO to see my mom as things got bad. This happened only 45 minutes into the nurses 5 hour shift. I ended up bawling all over her and she took it in stride and just, she was amazing.

So its going to be soon for my mom. Yesterday they put her on a ventilator as her breathing us bad and there's damage to her lungs.

Unfortunately Ty and i had to fly home today and are currently in the ER for him at home. His oxygen is staying at 86-88 for hours long at night. He's getting worse. And hasn't pooped in a week and is distending and now sounds like he may vomit any second. They took us straight back when we told them what's going on. They thinl he nerds admitted for monitoring which is what our pedi said he needed too. So here we are.

My dad thinks this weekend may be it. Mom doesn't want on the vent long and if we find out for sure this is irreversible, we wont prolong it anymore per her wishes. =\
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Hugs mama...I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now.  I'm praying for you.

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I am so sorry. When are planning to go back to your mom's? Will you take Ty or go alone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM
*hugs* I'm so sorry.
Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM
The plan was to go back if/when they decided to turn off the machines. But I just found out she's worse this morning and she can die despite being on the ventilator. And Ty is admitted so I dunno what to do. My dad says I don't need to come back this second, but he said he would let me know when we need to come back. The next time we go back we will be having her funeral so Ty will be going with and so will my husband.

Quoting Bluecalm:

I am so sorry. When are planning to go back to your mom's? Will you take Ty or go alone?
Rosielyn
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Have you and your family in my prayers

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM

*hugs*  I'm so sorry!  I hope you can try to take comfort in her life and the time you've all had until now.  

I hope Ty gets better!  

Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks gals. I just got a call this morning too that Ty is receiving a wish from Make A Wish. Flood of emotions right now
Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM
You have everything happening at one time. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Oh man 😞. I'm so sorry. My grandmother passed in July and I wasn't able to be there because Jer was scheduled to be admitted to Children's for a test. I remember that torn feeling well.

do they know what's going on with Ty? Why his stats are so low?
Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Nope, his stats for the first time in 2 months were perfect during admit. He was released yesterday and we just flew back into Denver as they are turning off my moms machines today. All I can say is its a blessing we were released and I won't be surprised if it returns after all this

Quoting arkansasmama08:

Oh man 😞. I'm so sorry. My grandmother passed in July and I wasn't able to be there because Jer was scheduled to be admitted to Children's for a test. I remember that torn feeling well.

do they know what's going on with Ty? Why his stats are so low?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)