Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Thankful Thursday

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:38 AM
  • 36 Replies

What are you thankful for today?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm thankful for my amazing and supportive husband.  I've had a rough few days and he's been so great to me!

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I am thankful for my great bosses! I work for an amazing company. They are very supportive and want their employees to grow, learn and move up in the company! 

charley31
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I'm thankful for my husband. He can annoy me but he has been very supportive during my pregnancy. It's been rough and the end is in sight thank god! He works 6 days a week and comes home and takes over with Ryan. Half the time he doesn't even take his work boots off. He just jumps in and takes care of Ryan for me.
roocifersmama11
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Geez we have to narrow it down? But seriously, today i am thankful for my son andy gaining 3/4 lb these past 2 weeks. Before his last hospital stay he was losing a half lb a week for "no reason" but were back to gaining. Yes its slowly, but all u mamas that have a failure to thrive kiddos uderstand how big of a step this is!!! Yay andy-roo!

roocifersmama11
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Awesome you have such great support! And congrats on the new little one on the way :)

Quoting charley31:

I'm thankful for my husband. He can annoy me but he has been very supportive during my pregnancy. It's been rough and the end is in sight thank god! He works 6 days a week and comes home and takes over with Ryan. Half the time he doesn't even take his work boots off. He just jumps in and takes care of Ryan for me.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Oooh, right now its hard to see the thankful... Sam no longer has a fever, but it ook me until10:30 to get him to school. The school refusals are back on. This morning he woke in a terrible mood. Is still quite put out with PBS kids for taking Martha off their morning play list. He really loked that talking dog show, and me faking him with DVR does not work. Im worried how long it will take me to get him to school today. Prayers will help.. Please give me patience and him courage. Thanks! 

As far as the thankfuls go... Im forever grateful for this group who understand that Sams refusals dont make him a bad kid.. (As all my friends do). 

Im thankful for my health, Sams and Hubbys. Im thankful for the nice roof over our heads, the few dollars in the bank... And for hubby is a wonderful man.. But too dedicated to his job. Lol...

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I am greatful for my Son and all the staff and teachers at his school. They are so helpful and supportive. and I am great ful you mom that have lent a ear and given advice being a single is not easy doing it along thank you all!

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Jacob no school today. Ya for the vollyball team that won. That why no school.  Im just not in a mood for his teacher. They mad his wheelchair handle loose. So when he fights i see the problem. We try to fix. But it still loss. I hope is pt girl will call and can fix.

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I'm thankful for every day I get to be here with my kids and every day they are all still here with me.  I'm thankful my husband still has his job and my kids have a great place to live.  And I'm thankful for my parents who help be an extra set of hands when we really need it and for my kid's Sped teacher who is amazing and makes my school time so easy! 

And if a magic fairy came and cleaned my whole house and did all the laundry and cooking I'd be REALLY thankful for her today!!

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I understand!!!!  3/4 of a pound is awesome!  Great job!!

I have a 26 lb 5 year old.  I get it!

Quoting roocifersmama11:

Geez we have to narrow it down? But seriously, today i am thankful for my son andy gaining 3/4 lb these past 2 weeks. Before his last hospital stay he was losing a half lb a week for "no reason" but were back to gaining. Yes its slowly, but all u mamas that have a failure to thrive kiddos uderstand how big of a step this is!!! Yay andy-roo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)