Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Little update :) well. Maybe not so little lol

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
I haven't been on here much lately, it's been so hectic preparing for out move. Our housing pre inspection is tomorrow, final inspection is dec 18th. We are so close to moving!! DH has a countdown on his phone lol. I'm getting antsy. I'm so looking forward to new experiences and visiting our friends on the trip, even if I don't like all the driving itself :)

I will say that I wish I could steal my sons therapists and take them with me, I'm going to miss them like crazy. They have been so wonderful. Definitely hoping we get set up with some that are equally fantastic at our new home.

Nathaniel now has new shoes and orthotic inserts (Cascade DAFO's chipmunk style) and he is soooo happy with them! He actually keeps trying to say shoes, and put them back on when I take them off. He is standing on his own for a few seconds at a time, as long as I'm right there. I don't think he will be walking by the time we move, unfortunately, but he's making great progress :)

I talked to his GI about the eosinophilic esophagitis dx, and how I thought that was invalid. They said I may be right, and we are weaning him off of his Zantac. Apparently your body adjusts to that after a few months anyway so it probably wasn't doing anything. We have gone from 2mL 2x daily, now down to 1 mL 1x daily. No changes!! So I'm hopeful. We will check in with a new GI once we get to our new home, and see if they will re-scope.

His developmental eval has him placed at 16-17 months cognitively, and 11-12 months physically. So, definitely still delayed, probably enough to get enrolled in new services without issue, but he's making fantastic progress!!

Oh.... And we no longer qualify for WIC, and his Medicaid was cancelled, so now all of his pediasure is entirely out of pocket. He is doing much better eating food instead of relying on bottles, but I'm hoping to work on that some more after the move. I wouldn't want to push him during the transition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
*hugs* good luck! Hope you are able to find good drs at your new town.
mlogsdon
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quoting mandee1503:

*hugs* good luck! Hope you are able to find good drs at your new town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Hugs mama!  Thanks for checking in and for the update:)  Glad he likes his new shoes and is eating better.  Good luck with your move!

letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

glad you checked in , how exciting close to moving and busy ,

have you checked into new DR. in your new area yet ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN