Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Bittersweetness

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
So outside of this week's hellish events including my moms death, I'm kinda excited for Ty getting a wish from Make A Wish. Its so bittersweet. On one hand, I'm excited. We truly deserve a break and Ty deserves some fun, and some fun that doesn't include mommy and daddy worried about affording it or able to provide that fun. On the other hand, its just another nail in the heart confirming the severity and seriousness of what Ty deals with. Sometimes I think things are no big deal and I'm just dumb feeling it is, but then times like now remind me it is a big deal and I'm allowed to be upset and scared.

We should meet our wish granters in the next couple weeks. Really excited for Ty. We haven't told Ty yet, I think I want his wish granters to be the ones to tell him. :)
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:58 AM

i hear ya , its bittersweet and good at the same time , hugs

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM
How exciting. What did he wish for?
Cindy18
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother.

What did Ty wish for?

britmichele
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I'd also love to hear his wish!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
He hasn't said yet, he will talk to his wish granters about it. We think it will most likely be Disney. He's obsessed with Mickey Mouse, Buzz and Woody, Tinkerbell (lol!!), etc.

Quoting mandee1503:

Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:50 AM
He hasn't said yet, we've not told him yet, we want his wish granters to tell him and they'll ask him :)

Quoting Cindy18:

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother.

What did Ty wish for?

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Fun!

Quoting Mipsy:

He hasn't said yet, he will talk to his wish granters about it. We think it will most likely be Disney. He's obsessed with Mickey Mouse, Buzz and Woody, Tinkerbell (lol!!), etc.

Quoting mandee1503:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Hugs mama!  

alwaysbelieve
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My DSforever17 had a wish from MAW as well. I understand that "okay, wait a sec, this is real?????" feeling. My son was non-verbal so we had to show the wish granters what he wanted. It was beautiful and everlasting.

Best wishes for an AMAZING wish experience!!!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I'm sorry about your Mom. 

It will be a wonderful surprise for him. Have a video camera going that is going to be "PRICELESS".  

I think MAW does some really wonderful things. I've seen the news where they show some of the more elaborate wishes that they've granted. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN