Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

holidays hoo humm

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Joy
  • 18 Replies

holiday blues do you get them  ? , i sure do

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Yeah. So far not this year. I'm looking forward to putting out my decorations.
Cindy18
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Kinda..... Very low on money. Trying to wait patiently for my 401k money but it just isn't coming.

raysma07
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I can ralate to the low on money and my DS is so excited for christmas to come

Quoting Cindy18:

Kinda..... Very low on money. Trying to wait patiently for my 401k money but it just isn't coming.

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:02 AM

something I have always learned.... It will always come together in the end.

Quoting raysma07:

I can ralate to the low on money and my DS is so excited for christmas to come

Quoting Cindy18:

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:27 AM

The holidays are pretty ineventful here. We have a small family. My dad is in NC and he doesnt come north. My brother is in a band, and he travels the world, so is never in the area.. Plus, he isnt married, so it is just him. 

My hubbys family is only 2 sisters, their hubbys and 4 older kids... (19-14) and occassionally hubbys cousin and her hubby and their 2 little girls (7, 4) but that depends on whos turn it is for the holiday. We also have cousins in ATL and NC but they rarely come up North. 

So, there is usually only 15 people... Smetimes as low as 5... Most has been 27... And it is ONLY for holiday.. So we never have plans for Xmas eve... This year my 1 SIL is going on family trip to England, so we are missing their family of 5. And the other SIL is going to CA with her hubby and his kid for his family... So, this year its a group of 6... Uneventful. In a way, its probably better for Sam.. But I always liked gatherings of 30 with kids running around as a kid... And we dont ever get that.:( 

jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I love the holidays, but I do get overwhelmed as it gets closer, there never seems like enough time, but somehow it all works out in the end!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Not usually. This yr will be hard cuz of my mom though
HaileysMom07180
by Kelly on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM

yes, its my panic time, money, family, schedules so so forth

lillettemomma
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I usually love the holidays but this year we are living in a shelter program in a hotel....we aren't allowed to hang any decorations and we aren't supposed to have a Christmas tree (we are getting a little table top 12 inch one)....we have no extra money luckily there are charities that will at least provide some gifts for my girls.... my girls aren't allowed at my mothers house due to us not wanting them to have contact with certain people living there so it's the first Christmas morning I will ever miss with my family.....we may go to dfs families for Xmas day not sure because df is a recovering alcoholic and his family is all big drinkers and don't support his sobriety when they are drunk so it really depends plus we would need a ride cut we don't have a vehicle....so yeah not really looking forward to the holidays this year
lillettemomma
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I usually love the holidays but this year we are living in a shelter program in a hotel....we aren't allowed to hang any decorations and we aren't supposed to have a Christmas tree (we are getting a little table top 12 inch one)....we have no extra money luckily there are charities that will at least provide some gifts for my girls.... my girls aren't allowed at my mothers house due to us not wanting them to have contact with certain people living there so it's the first Christmas morning I will ever miss with my family.....we may go to dfs families for Xmas day not sure because df is a recovering alcoholic and his family is all big drinkers and don't support his sobriety when they are drunk so it really depends plus we would need a ride cut we don't have a vehicle....so yeah not really looking forward to the holidays this year
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN