Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weekend Plans

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:50 AM
  • 33 Replies

What are you doing this weekend ladies?  Prepping for Thanksgiving?  Anything fun?

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:52 AM
2 moms liked this

If I have my way..... ABSOULTELY NOTHING! 

It's my last weekend off for about a month.

charley31
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm still pregnant ugh soo uncomfortable so I hope nothing haha. But I have to Xmas shopping, laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping to do. Few more weeks and I'll be even more tired dealing with a new born haha.
jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM
DH and his nephew and nephew in law will be bottling the beer they brewed about a month ago.

DS1 is going paint balling with a friend.

DS2 and I will go to Sunday school on Sun morning and DS1 and DD will go Sunday evening to help set up the Winter Shelter our church is hosting this coming week.

Otherwise, it's up in the air. I think DD has something planned with friends, but not sure what/when yet.
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

The church where we attend Boy Scouts does this too. It's called ChristNet here and it's a traveling shelter. 

It's a great thing.

Quoting jjamom:

DH and his nephew and nephew in law will be bottling the beer they brewed about a month ago.

DS2 and I will go to Sunday school on Sun morning and DS1 and DD will go Sunday evening to help set up the Winter Shelter our church is hosting this coming week.

Otherwise, it's up in the air. I think DD has something planned with friends, but not sure what/when yet.

jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, that's the way it is here as well, each Church that participates hosts for a week. So, the people who stay there travel from one church to another throughout the Winter. We provide breakfast, a packed lunch, and dinner each day, as well as a warm place to sleep. Each religious ed class is assigned an item to donate (toiletries, fruit, cheese, lunchmeats, bread, etc) and classes make crafts like napkin rings, decorations, etc . They get everyone involved as much as possible. I agree, it is a great thing!

Quoting Cindy18:

The church where we attend Boy Scouts does this too. It's called ChristNet here and it's a traveling shelter. 

It's a great thing.

Quoting jjamom:

ADBmom
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

If it doesn't rain us out, my son and I are taking family pictures in our ugly christmas sweaters!  Also, i have 2 parties the day of the 19th, so I have some prep work in the kitchen/shopping for ingredients to do.  Otherwise, me and DS will be relaxing and cuddling.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Tonight Brandon is taking me to a concert tonight. If our babysitter shows. Tomorrow we are throwing fil a surprise birthday party. Sunday is church.
karenl
by Karen on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM

My son has gymnastics tomorrow and a dentist appointment tomorrow. Have to dog sit for Grandma on Sunday. That's about it! lol

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM

not much just clean. I was wanting to try out jacobs NEW  speech device. But his speech lady not send it home yet. They still setting it up i guess.

lillettemomma
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Ummm nothing planned yet.... hopefully sleeping in and relaxing though that is not easy with 2 hyperactive autistic children in a 10 by 20 ft room
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)