Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

The worst thing about having a nonverbal child...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 31 Replies

Is when they are sick and not feeling well.  They can't tell you what's wrong.  I hate it!  Brady isn't feeling well...and I don't know exactly what's wrong.  Or I didn't know last night at least.  He was so lethargic last night...fell asleep at 5:00 on the floor of his playroom.  He could barely lift his head.  We got him on the couch where he stayed half awake until 6:00 then we put him to bed.  He slept until 5:30 this morning.  He woke up really junky sounding (congested), so I gave him a bath and a sinus rinse, but he's still congested.  Plus his left ear is draining some nasty stuff.  Good thing he has CF Clinic on Wednesday!  

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Poor baby! Hope he feels better soon.

alyssasmommy312
by Angela on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Draining is good!  Sounds like an ear infection, and the fact that is draining is a good thing, its not staying blocked up in his ear and causing even more problems.  Hope he feels better!

aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I hope he feels better. We had to go through this with my son. Maybe make pictures like flash cards with like with earache...and so on.
letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM

sorry to hear this darby , i hope this clears up soon ,

do you ever use a cool or warm humidifier ? and does it help ?

Pukalani79
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Poor little man! I hope he feels better quickly!
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Hugs, mama!  I totally agree.  I take my little one to urgent care often just to have everything checked out when she is sick because she can not communicate a single thing and you just do not know what to do to help them!  Does their ear hurt, throat, tummy, who knows?  It is really the only time her non-verbalness bothers me.  Hugs to you and Brady!  I hope he gets feeling better soon!! (oh, and mine totally does the flop to the floor, I'm all done thing like a challenge for me to figure it out!) 

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Hope he feels better soon. I understand how you feel. Jacob dont understand when he sick and cant tell us.  But today Jacob finally put 2 words together. MY FARM !  Chase was trying to take away from him. And chase says . My this, my that. Thats all we hear all day. My cat.

j.patzer
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

im sorry, i know what you mean about them not being able to tell you whats wrong. hope he feels better soon.

jjamom
by Michele on Nov. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I agree, that makes it really hard.  The other thing is when something is upsetting them and you don't know what and they can't tell you.  I hope Brady feels better soon.  Sounds like what Happened with my little guy the other day.  

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I hope Brady feels good really soon. Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)