Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What Kinds of Systems Help You & Your Kids??

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 8 Replies

DD is so incredibly forgetful. I've been getting her into the habit of writing herself notes on post-its and making lists for herself. I really think it's a huge part of her becoming successful. And yes it partly for me as well because I belive I'm just as much ADD as my dd.

Yesterday she forgot her laptop and I got a phone call from her asking me to bring it to school for her. I told her no that she would have to take more care to remeber it next time. It killed me and I had anxiety about it all day at work -  thinking she was going to obsess over it and it would make her tic worse than they already are for her. Anyway this was my solution - I made this for her to tape next to the door so she can check before she leaves and the bottom has a spot to add a post it note for any things that may not be on the list. It worked like a charm - both of us forgot about gym shoes this morning but our little note reminded us! Win!

What kinds of systems for your kids - I'd love to know!

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Looks good. I pack as much stuff the night before that way all dd needs is her lunch box.
Decemberlov
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I am use to doing most of it for her - and usually that's what I would do. I'm hoping to get her a little more independent...I had to resist the urge to pack her laptop for her lol

I set the breakfast table after I put the kids to bed...one less thing to do in the morning :)

Quoting mandee1503:

Looks good. I pack as much stuff the night before that way all dd needs is her lunch box.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM
My dd is 5. So I'm sure as she gets older she will be more responsible for her stuff.

Quoting Decemberlov:

I am use to doing most of it for her - and usually that's what I would do. I'm hoping to get her a little more independent...I had to resist the urge to pack her laptop for her lol

I set the breakfast table after I put the kids to bed...one less thing to do in the morning :)

Quoting mandee1503:

Decemberlov
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Oh I miss that age. 5 is such a sweet age :)

I'm sure she will be :)

Quoting mandee1503:

My dd is 5. So I'm sure as she gets older she will be more responsible for her stuff.

Quoting Decemberlov:

Quoting mandee1503:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM

My son is very young and I pack stuff early in the morning.  Hugs mama!

DDDaysh
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Yours doesn't go UNPACK the backpack later on?  That's my trouble with DS.  

Quoting mandee1503:

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM
No. I leave it near the door. She knows better. Lol and ds can't unpack his so no worries there.

Quoting DDDaysh:

Yours doesn't go UNPACK the backpack later on?  That's my trouble with DS.  

Quoting mandee1503:

letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:52 PM

making that list is excellent ,

i have a  paper on the fridge with things to do and to remember and just add to it as time goes , sometimes i even tape a note on the doorknob so i dont forget

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)