Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Trying not to panic

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 8 Replies
The baby is sick so I called to make him a doctor's appointment. No big deal since I just need him checked for strep although it may just be a stomach virus. There is only one person at the doctor's office that I don't want to answer the phone and of course he answers. His English isn't the best so I was confused when he told me that appointments would only be 1:00-4:30 and then something about Thanksgiving. I was completely confused and said I needed an appointment today. So I got one for 1:00 today - at least I think I did - and he starts to say the appt is with doctor and then he stops. So I asked if the appointment was with the regular doctor and he tells me no he is out of the country. I am ready to flip out. The fill-in doctor is very nice, very good so that isn't it. But the regular doctor knows me, knows all my kids and especially knows my daughter who has some medical issues. I tell him when she needs to be in the hospital. He knows that I know my limits. Last time he was away, this fill-in doctor put my other daughter in the hospital. I could have treated her at home. So even though my daughter that I worry about isn't sick right now, we have to make it at least a week and half without her getting sick until our doctor is back.

Sorry for the vent. I am trying to keep myself calm and sometimes just talking it out helps. My daughter will be fine and so will the other kids. But seriously every time the doctor goes out of the country something crazy happens with the girls...
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

*HUGS*

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I have that same issue with my little one and doc.  hugs. Mama. 

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I'm so sorry that you didn't get the doctor you wanted and it is a huge pain in the butt when you have to repeat all the medical information but I don't think it's something that you should stress over too much. Think positively!

letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

i hear ya , ans you can always go to the ER if needed

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM

*hugs*

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I understand same happens here and his doctor is going to some convention at the end of the week. Just breath and good luck
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Big hugs Momma!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Hugs mama....hope you got in to see a doctor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)