Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Is your child allergic to anything?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM
  • 51 Replies

Does your child have any allergies?  Food or environmental allergies?  What is their reaction when exposed to these items?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Brady has an anaphylactic allergy to cats, dogs, and peanuts.  

babyblue21
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Ds is anaphylactic to peanuts and tree nuts, cats and amoxicillin. He is also allergic to soy and carrots.
Dd #1 is allergic to dogs, pinetrees and evergreen trees. She is anaphylactic to amoxcillin, penicillin, omnycef, and ofloxcin.
Dd #2 is anaphalactic to eggs, amoxcilin, penicillin, omnycef, clindimycin, and bactrim.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM

My oldest has environmental.

My little one is allergic to azythromicn, makes her heart rate go bananas.

My little boy is anaphylactic to nuts, eggs, milk.  Also allergic to several environmental, cats, and dogs. 

lillettemomma
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Ds is allergic to cats and nuts

Odd Is allergic to walnuts oranges and tomatoes

Ydd hasn't been tested yet but we keep her away from nuts just because of the othera
raysma07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

My DS is allergic to all penicillins and omnicef . 

Quoting babyblue21:

Ds is anaphylactic to peanuts and tree nuts, cats and amoxicillin. He is also allergic to soy and carrots.
Dd #1 is allergic to dogs, pinetrees and evergreen trees. She is anaphylactic to amoxcillin, penicillin, omnycef, and ofloxcin.
Dd #2 is anaphalactic to eggs, amoxcilin, penicillin, omnycef, clindimycin, and bactrim.

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM

All Penicillins and Omnicef . anifilactic shock on the Penicillins and the Omnicef we had to rush him to the hospital severe runs and vomiting! and he has fall and spring allergies but we use Aterax for that

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

We are very lucky. No allergies here.

2010twingirls
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Thankfully no allergies. I was shocked when they did the testing and it was nothing since she always has a runny nose.
Pukalani79
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Lindsay is allergic to adhesives. So no bandaids, stickers, etc.  Adhesives cause welts immediately and if left on the skin will cause blisters. Makes for some interesting times, especially when she gets hurt.  When she was in preschool, she got a good cut or something on her hand.  Because of the location and because we have to use gauze and papertape, by the time we got it covered and secured, it looked way worse than it was.  lol

Mipsy
by Chelle on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Ty carries an epipen for milk and banana. It used to just ingestion was an issue but just getting touched by someone who touched milk products now causes hives immedietely. Then he's allergic to white potatoe, apple, wheat, soy, peanut, eggs, and corn. Corn, wheat, and soy cause his intestines to bleed.

Then he's allergic to grass, dust, and smut (a form of mold)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)