Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Getting to know you.....

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

1. How long have you been on Cafemom?
  2. What was the best compliment you received?
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child?
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school?
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school?
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why?
  7. What historical figure interests you the most?
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature?
  9. What is your favorite style of music? 
  10. How are you like your mom? Your dad?
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation?
  12. What is your favorite hobby?
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse?
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse?

Cindy

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
  1. How long have you been on Cafemom? June 2013
  2. What was the best compliment you received? I'm a good mom.
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? probably tuna casserole or lima beans
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? Seems so long ago, I have no idea anymore 
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? same as above, don't remember
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why? This one or the future.  Having my kids in any prior periods just would have been even harder on them.  I want the time of opportunity.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most? not sure, I'm not really a history person
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature? rainbows, haven't seen one in years though
  9. What is your favorite style of music? whatever is on the radio that isn't off the disney channel
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation?  somewhere not too hot, not too cold, that I could just sleep for the week and have all meals brought in.
  12. What is your favorite hobby?  i don't have any anymore, it's all kids, housework, sleep, do it again next day.
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse? hmm, good question.  Must say I pray every day, but couldn't recite a bible verse anymore.
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse?  Met hubs in jr high, dated in HS, married after college.  Can't say I really have a 'best friend' anymore, just different people I spend time with occassionally church, a different group for dinners a couple times a year, some old friends I still e-mail but wouldn't call besties, old co-workers, really no 'best' anymore.  Life gets in the way.  Unless you count my kids.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1. How long have you been on Cafemom? Since 2007
2. What was the best compliment you received? Everyone loves my boobs lol.
3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? Unsure
4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? When I went to one semester in D.C. the whole semester was fun.
5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? Before rumors were spread and I lost almost all my friends my senior pictures done by my ex friend.
6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Revolutionary war era. Why? That's when we won our freedom and headed towards the great nation we are today.
7. What historical figure interests you the most? Any from the Revolutionary war era. 8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature? Shooting star that kept going for awhile.
9. What is your favorite style of music? Contemporary Christian
10. How are you like your mom? I look like her and act like her. Your dad? Have his allergies.
11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week's vacation? New Zealand
12. What is your favorite hobby? Reading and crocheting.
13. What is your favorite Bible verse? Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, love the song Strong Enough by Matthew West that has it in it.
14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse? My boyfriend I met on POF. BFF: At church almost 22 yrs ago. Her dd is 2 mos and 21 days older than ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

1. How long have you been on Cafemom?31/2 yearsĀ 
  2. What was the best compliment you received? nice hair
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child?green beans
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? rally squad
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? skipped classes
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why?the old west , im a cowgirl at heart
  7. What historical figure interests you the most? stone henge
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature?a running horse
  9. What is your favorite style of music? variety
  10. How are you like your mom? Your dad? mom- patient , dad- quiet
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation? Ireland country side
  12. What is your favorite hobby? horses
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse? love is patient and kind
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse?years ago in drug and alcohol treatment- yes- i just admitted it

Irislady17
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I want to play too this looks like fun :)

1. How long have you been on Cafemom? Sine my first was born in 2007
  2. What was the best compliment you received? That I have beautiful children.
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? Asparagus or left overs.
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school?Disection or any thing done in bio labs really.
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? I did not have a senior year.
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why?This one for sure. With out modern medicine all 3 of my children would not be with me. I can't imagine a life where I was never able to have children.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most?Maybe not a figure but I have always been interested in ancient Egyptian culture.
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature?Auroa Australis, also know as the southern lights. Or the meteor shower I saw with my brother.
  9. What is your favorite style of music? Rock
  10. How are you like your mom? Her looks and her compassion Your dad?His stubbornness
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation?Any place warm and tropical
  12. What is your favorite hobby?Reading and being on my computer
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse?I was not brought up with, or around religion so I have never read the bible.
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse?I met my husband when I was 15, he worked with, and was best friends with my best friend at the time.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 28, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Quoting Cindy18:

1. How long have you been on Cafemom? Since 2010 I think
  2. What was the best compliment you received? That I'm a good mom
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? Vegetable soup
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? Run cross country!
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? Went to a Dixie Chicks concert!
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why? Right now:)  I love to see my son enjoy life.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most? None...
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature? The mountains in Hawaii
  9. What is your favorite style of music?  Country
  10. How are you like your mom? Your dad? I look a lot like my mom, and I have my dad's personality
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation? At a beachhouse right on the beach!
  12. What is your favorite hobby? Running
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse? "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse? I met my husband when I was waiting tables in college:)

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

You're new to CM.... Welcome!! How are you liking it so far?

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

1. How long have you been on Cafemom? June 2013
  2. What was the best compliment you received? I'm a good mom.
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? probably tuna casserole or lima beans
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? Seems so long ago, I have no idea anymore 
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? same as above, don't remember
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why? This one or the future.  Having my kids in any prior periods just would have been even harder on them.  I want the time of opportunity.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most? not sure, I'm not really a history person
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature? rainbows, haven't seen one in years though
  9. What is your favorite style of music? whatever is on the radio that isn't off the disney channel
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation?  somewhere not too hot, not too cold, that I could just sleep for the week and have all meals brought in.
  12. What is your favorite hobby?  i don't have any anymore, it's all kids, housework, sleep, do it again next day.
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse? hmm, good question.  Must say I pray every day, but couldn't recite a bible verse anymore.
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse?  Met hubs in jr high, dated in HS, married after college.  Can't say I really have a 'best friend' anymore, just different people I spend time with occassionally church, a different group for dinners a couple times a year, some old friends I still e-mail but wouldn't call besties, old co-workers, really no 'best' anymore.  Life gets in the way.  Unless you count my kids.

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I'm a country girl too. Who is your favorite?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting Cindy18:

1. How long have you been on Cafemom? Since 2010 I think
  2. What was the best compliment you received? That I'm a good mom
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? Vegetable soup
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? Run cross country!
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? Went to a Dixie Chicks concert!
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why? Right now:)  I love to see my son enjoy life.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most? None...
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature? The mountains in Hawaii
  9. What is your favorite style of music?  Country
  10. How are you like your mom? Your dad? I look a lot like my mom, and I have my dad's personality
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation? At a beachhouse right on the beach!
  12. What is your favorite hobby? Running
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse? "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse? I met my husband when I was waiting tables in college:)

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I have never heard of the Southern Lights...... When did you see those? Sounds amazing!

Quoting Irislady17:

I want to play too this looks like fun :)

1. How long have you been on Cafemom? Sine my first was born in 2007
  2. What was the best compliment you received? That I have beautiful children.
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? Asparagus or left overs.
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school?Disection or any thing done in bio labs really.
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? I did not have a senior year.
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why?This one for sure. With out modern medicine all 3 of my children would not be with me. I can't imagine a life where I was never able to have children.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most?Maybe not a figure but I have always been interested in ancient Egyptian culture.
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature?Auroa Australis, also know as the southern lights. Or the meteor shower I saw with my brother.
  9. What is your favorite style of music? Rock
  10. How are you like your mom? Her looks and her compassion Your dad?His stubbornness
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation?Any place warm and tropical
  12. What is your favorite hobby?Reading and being on my computer
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse?I was not brought up with, or around religion so I have never read the bible.
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse?I met my husband when I was 15, he worked with, and was best friends with my best friend at the time.

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

1. How long have you been on Cafemom? April 28, 2007
  2. What was the best compliment you received? That I have raised great kids.
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? My mom never made me eat anything I didn't want to. 
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? I had such a great high experience!! I can't pick just one.
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? Started a Youth to Youth club at my school.
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? I think the 50's Why? I like the style and the good old fashion morals that were still in tact then.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most? ?????
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature? I have seen some beautiful sunsets in my life.
  9. What is your favorite style of music? I am very elegiac. But Country is my go to.
  10. How are you like your mom? I look more like my mom and got her organizational skills. Your dad? I think I have my dad's more accepting personality.
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation? HAWAII!!! It's my dream!!
  12. What is your favorite hobby? Reading and Counted Cross Stitch.
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse? I love John 3:16. I had to memorize that when I was little.
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse? My SO is my best friend from high school's brother.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Quoting Cindy18:

1. How long have you been on Cafemom? Since August 07.
  2. What was the best compliment you received? Idk
  3. What is the worse thing your mother ever made you eat as a child? I don't remember. Lol
  4. What is the most fun thing you did in school? Went to Universal Studios for free in 4th grade!
  5. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school? Ditched, frequently! Lol 
  6. What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why? 1920's, love the flappers a gangsters.
  7. What historical figure interests you the most? Anne Frank
  8. What is the most beautiful thing you?ve ever seen in nature? Everything.
  9. What is your favorite style of music? Everything
  10. How are you like your mom? Your dad? I have no clue.
  11. If you were not limited by money, where would you spend one week?s vacation? Europe. But I would extend it to a month.
  12. What is your favorite hobby? Crafts, and making things.
  13. What is your favorite Bible verse? It's been a long time since I've known them off the too of my head. I have some from all over that I enjoy.
  14. How did you meet your best friend of boy/girl friend or spouse? Met Dh thru a mutual friend. He texted me one night out drunk at the bar, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)