Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How was your Thanksgiving?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 31 Replies

Ours was good even with Lina and her diet restrictions. My dil made some gluten free food because her 2 boys are gluten intolerant also. I was able to give Lina several things and then even tho there were things she really shouldn't have had I gave her very small amounts. She made it all the way through the day without a major problem.

How did your day go?

by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM
It was good. He was well.behaved at Walmart for 3 hrs while I shopped. He loves shopping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM

3 hours at Walmart?  Holy cow!!  Was it a zoo? 

Quoting Jenn8604:

It was good. He was well.behaved at Walmart for 3 hrs while I shopped. He loves shopping.

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Ours was ok.  Is always hetic and somewhat more work than enjoyable, but the kids did pretty well, so overall that is a good day. 

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I'm glad it was good. I wish Lina could be good that long in a store. She wants to go with me but not long she's wanting to know when we're going home.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Ours was ok.  Is always hetic and somewhat more work than enjoyable, but the kids did pretty well, so overall that is a good day. 

That's the way it normally is here but we went to my Ss house so not much to do.

babyblue21
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Ds...well let's say I'm so glad it's over. Dd #2 was sensory overloaded and spent most of the evening curled in a ball in my lap. Both have SPD and autism, ds is 10 dd is 2. Dd #1 did great!
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Yeah. He stayed in the shopping cart. He had toys and my phone to play with and then when we grabbed his cousins bike he rode leaning on it.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

3 hours at Walmart?  Holy cow!!  Was it a zoo? 

Quoting Jenn8604:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM
His favorite place to go is Walmart.

Quoting Linagma03:

I'm glad it was good. I wish Lina could be good that long in a store. She wants to go with me but not long she's wanting to know when we're going home.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:18 AM
It was good. We went to see my parents and then came home and turkey was done. We were not gone long. Had a quite evening watch movies.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM

That's great!  Glad she was able to eat and had a good time.  We had a wonderful day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)