Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

he volunteered for WHAT

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

I told Auggy (4) it was time for a trim. He has a quiff and the sides and back are getting too long so I wanted to buzz them. Since I began cutting their hair at two years (they were bald babies for quite a while) Cas (4) has always REFUSED a cut. He has sensory issues, he is my youngest with special needs. He is being evaulated for bipolar disorder and autism, and has already been diganosed wtih an anxiety disorder. 

I don't normally bother him with haircuts. Unfortunatly he is the one with the thick curly wild hair who needs it maintained! Every so often my mom and I can sneak attack him and cut it short while he's sitting on the couch. This is about every three months or so. 

Sooo this evening I tell Auggy lets cut your hair and he is sitting on the chair and I try to start buzzing him and he freaks out and Cas comes over and says "i want a haircut" and I'm like :O you WHAT and he got this cute little smile on his face and said he wanted a haircut. so I explained to him that it would be a lot shorter, I let him feel how the buzzer vibrates and I ran it through his hair with it turned off a few times and then I explained he couldn't change his mind half way through or he would end up with a bald spot. So I did it and its really cute and I'm beside myself! I can't believe he volunteered!!!!

Auggy has wrapped himself in a blanket and still refuses to get a trim. Which is out of character. it's like role reversals tonight.

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM

That's great he let you give him a haircut! Got any pictures?

AllyB_
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

not yet! he gets mad about having his picture taken so I haven't been able to sneak one just yet :D

Quoting Bluecalm:

That's great he let you give him a haircut! Got any pictures?

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

That's awesome!!  The surprises are the best!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

That's great! 

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM
So cool! I love it when they suprise you like that!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:49 AM

That's great!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM

That's great!

letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:05 AM

silly guys

Gloria1025
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Yay!! I love those type of surprises!

raysma07
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

AWW! that is great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)