Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

more questions about seizures

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

Sam has had 4 seizures in the last week

He had the two last saturday, one on Sunday night and one last night. He tells me he has vivid nightmares after he has a seizure... he had the seizure on sunday night and then a vivid nightmare and then he had a seizure last night and another vivid nightmare

could this be related to or is this a symptom of seizures or is it just a coinsidence? (he has nightmares on a regular basis and meds/med changes tend to make them more vivid)

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM
That's strange. Seizures do different things to different people. Have you gotten him an appointment with a neurologist yet? Is he on any meds for the seizures?
AllyB_
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM

He has an appointment on the 6th. He just started having seizures last weekend, to my knowledge he's never had seizures before but I've only had him for a year.

Quoting arkansasmama08:

That's strange. Seizures do different things to different people. Have you gotten him an appointment with a neurologist yet? Is he on any meds for the seizures?

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I remember you talked about Sam having a strange taste in his mouth. I think that the vivid nightmares could very easily be related to the seizures. Be sure to ask the neurologist about them. 

Simple partial seizures: the child is aware of what is happening but can't control it. Seizure can cause uncontrolled movement of part of the body, things to smell and taste strange, stomach pain or sudden anger or fear.

He could also be having other types of seizures too. Lina has several different kinds. 

If you google   "seizures" or  "types of seizures" you will find several sites. The ones I found helpful was the epilepsy foundation, there were a couple of others I can't remember the names of. I looked at a lot of sites. 

Something else you might want to look into is his medication. Some times a side effect of medication especially those for mental illness can cause seizures or even some of the other things like the vivid nightmares, strange smell and taste, anger. 

Good Luck!

AllyB_
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM

thank you!

Quoting Linagma03:

I remember you talked about Sam having a strange taste in his mouth. I think that the vivid nightmares could very easily be related to the seizures. Be sure to ask the neurologist about them. 

Simple partial seizures: the child is aware of what is happening but can't control it. Seizure can cause uncontrolled movement of part of the body, things to smell and taste strange, stomach pain or sudden anger or fear.

He could also be having other types of seizures too. Lina has several different kinds. 

If you google   "seizures" or  "types of seizures" you will find several sites. The ones I found helpful was the epilepsy foundation, there were a couple of others I can't remember the names of. I looked at a lot of sites. 

Something else you might want to look into is his medication. Some times a side effect of medication especially those for mental illness can cause seizures or even some of the other things like the vivid nightmares, strange smell and taste, anger. 

Good Luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Hugs mama...I'm honestly not sure but these ladies have some good thoughts.

AliKatAK47
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I often have nightmares where I feel like someone is touching or hitting me right before or after a seizure. I also suffer from something similar to a panic attack after coming out of a seizure.  I think it is a possibility they are related.  What medications is he on? 

AllyB_
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM

He's on lithium and zoloft for bipolar disorder but nothing for the seizures because they just started and we haven't been to a neurologist yet. He normally has vivid nightmares because of past experiences but he said he feels like they're more vivid after a seizure. could be a coincidence though 

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I often have nightmares where I feel like someone is touching or hitting me right before or after a seizure. I also suffer from something similar to a panic attack after coming out of a seizure.  I think it is a possibility they are related.  What medications is he on? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)