Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, sad stuff.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 13 Replies
Liam's kindergarten teacher, (last year), just found out that her 3 year old son has liver cancer! He had major surgery and is in the ICU at "our" Children's right now. They found out on Thanksgiving. He will go through 4 rounds of chemo of the next 4 months.
I'm so sad for her. I sent her an email and told her that my oldest, (who didn't go to the school, so she doesn't know him), has had some surgeries and ICU stays at Children's. And that we are there often, if she wants to grab a coffee sometime. Ugh.
Poor baby. For some reason, I always have a hard time when someone from my "typical/healthy" world suddenly is thrust into the other world- the one we all live in all the time. I feel like that world is somehow separate from this world, and I hate it when they collide.... You know?
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

yes i do know ,

sorry to hear this

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Hugs and prayers for her and her family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinkerspell
by Kera on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Yes uii understand the whole diferent worlds thing its very hard to deal with sometimes but my thought will deffenetly be with her child for a quick recovery 

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
That's so sad. It was nice of you to reach out to her.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM
So sorry to hear that.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I know just what you mean.  I'm so sorry to hear about her son.  Hugs!

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Poor baby. I hope they can treat it. That has to be one of the most difficult dx to get as a parent.
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Sounds like they consider it highly curable, and it hasn't spread- so I think his chances are good!

Quoting jjamom:

Poor baby. I hope they can treat it. That has to be one of the most difficult dx to get as a parent.
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Oh that's good. I hope so!

Quoting Elyssa414: Sounds like they consider it highly curable, and it hasn't spread- so I think his chances are good!

Quoting jjamom:

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM
😞 cancer in little ones always breaks my heart. Poor baby. Keep us posted on his progress!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)