Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Christmas Question of the Day (12/2)

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:06 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you use an Advent Calander? If so, what prize do you open/get everyday?

23 days until Christmas!!!!

~~CINDY

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM
No. We have tried several times, but we just seem to get so busy that we forget more often than we remember. :/
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM

We are jewish, but my son loves the lego advent calendar. I gave him one last night.. The 5th night of hanukkah. Hubbys family celebrates, so we use it as a count down to seeing them again,, not so juch for christmas. Lol

he loves the lego figures, star wars and putting the legos together. This is our 3rd year... :) 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Yes we do. We went to the Christkindl Market Saturday and picked one up for my son. There is holiday design inspired pressed chocolate behind each door.

My sisters and I grew up with Advent calenders as well, but I am the only who who kept the tradition with my own family.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Happy Hanukkah

Quoting SamMom912:

We are jewish, but my son loves the lego advent calendar. I gave him one last night.. The 5th night of hanukkah. Hubbys family celebrates, so we use it as a count down to seeing them again,, not so juch for christmas. Lol

he loves the lego figures, star wars and putting the legos together. This is our 3rd year... :) 

lillettemomma
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Mobile Photo

I was do excited this year we found advent calenders that don't have chocolate (odd has a nut allergy)....we found them at walgreens and they have candy canes yay.... The girls don't really get it but they love candy lol
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
We do but it's just moving of the piece to a new pocket. No prizes.
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Yep. We do a new one every year. Last year they got to put on a sticker every day
graycalico
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
We have one but always forget. I might have my dd make a Parker chain to countdown today
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Nope
letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM

nope , been a long time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)