Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll take any exposure we can get

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was watching the Today show this morning and they were talking about how Susan Boyle made it known that she had been diagnosed as having Aspergers. Recently other celebrities have been open about their own diagnosis. I think it is wonderful for awareness and that the general public sees that ANYONE can be affected even the 'untouchable' celebrities.

Do you think when celebrities speak about a cause, whether it directly affects them or not, it helps the cause and brings more awareness?

Personally, I'll take any exposure we can get if it means more people are aware and willing to help or listen or show compassion or even just try to understand.

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM

for sure it brings awareness , and i saw that about her

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Definitely brings awareness!

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Agree, it definitely helps raise awareness.

Jamie Foxx has a sister with Down syndrome and he is very open about it and involved in raising awareness. She is a character, too, so she does a great job as a self advocate, too!
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Yea love it when they bring awareness.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I think it brings the most awareness when the celebrity actually has the issue they are talking about. But yes a celebrity does bring more awareness to an issue.

lissadavis
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

yeah I think it helps because it shows people that being different does not mean unsuccessful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)