Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After christmas do you give some toys away ?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

My aunt trys to  be grandma to my boys. She is really my ONLY family on my side that loves us.   She loves goodwill and garage sales. She will go every week to goodwill if she knows stuff is on sale. And if not for winter she would still be doing garage sales if she could.  She always bring our boys toys. By the time she leaves it looks like my place turned into toys r us/storm . And she said this year not worry about buying them toys. Cause she has MANY  bags of TOYS ! That boys wont know what to do ! I will give it a few days find out what boys love, What they dont like, And yes some toys my boys scared of. And my aunt will buy stuff animal but look at tag and it says dog toy. We dont have a dog. And yes she thinks a good kid toy. Maybe she a little silly. But i have came friends with this girl. And jan she going to run this place to hand out stuff for free to people in need.     So thats what im going to do give stuff to her to help other people.     Am i the only 1 to do this ?    And no i dont ask my aunt to buy toys. She feels that is a grandmas job ! And we dont see her alot cause live a few hours from each other.

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I do. I have a bunch of ds's toys I'm going to see if his school can use.
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I give away toys all year round when we are done with them or something my kids don't play with.  I just did a big toy room purge before the Christmas loot comes and sent a van load to the preschool of pretend play stuff.  If I don't have someone I know that wants it I Goodwill it.  I'm not a garage sale girl, no time or energy for that.   

JoanahLee
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

We get a lot of un solicited gifts that our kids just don't need, or are not appropriate for their age or size or whatever... we say thank you and then we donate them later

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I do that all year round to be honest.  Brady doesn't get many toys for Christmas...we just do fun stuff:)

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM

When my kids were little, I would clean out before Christmas so there was a place to put the new toys. 

trio8707
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I did that BEFORE chirstmas haha  so nice yesterday to have a 'home' for everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)