Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do your kiddos get over stimulated?

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 19 Replies

Do your kids get over stimualated or over whelmed with all the activity of the holidays?

by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Not really.
alyssasmommy312
by Angela on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Not really.  The activity level doesnt really go up  until Christmas day, and then it is pretty calm in the mornings, and go to inlaws in the afternoon, which its still fairly calm.  Mine are the only kids so not alot of rambunctiousness and overstimulation.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Yes and Ty ends up in trouble because he can't control himself.
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Very much so. Elijah is a wreck. :/
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Not really. Just another normal weekend to boys. Chase thinks its saturday cause school bus not get Jacob.    tomorrow when they open gifts may be a fight over toys.   Im more stressed cause got kids some big stuff. Cory got them a tent/tunnel. Boys love to hide. But no clue where it going. And chase a car that is big to push with his feet.

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Yes he really does he has gotten in trouble twice this morning already cause he is over excited and can't control it!

Quoting Mipsy: Yes and Ty ends up in trouble because he can't control himself.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
It drives me nuts! Ty is in time out right now and we've only been up for one hour! Yesterday he was kicking the presents under the tree. Ugh, I guarantee he will be in timeout by 7am tomorrow!

Quoting raysma07:

Yes he really does he has gotten in trouble twice this morning already cause he is over excited and can't control it!

raysma07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM

If anyone gets it I do he is driving me nut and he has been eating the same bagel since 8 am it is almost 11. he keeps trying to drag the cat out from under the tree!

Quoting Mipsy: It drives me nuts! Ty is in time out right now and we've only been up for one hour! Yesterday he was kicking the presents under the tree. Ugh, I guarantee he will be in timeout by 7am tomorrow!

Quoting raysma07:

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Lol oh yes. We will have fits, screaming and tears galore tomorrow. Jeremiah has cries every day for the past 2 days because he wants to open presents. He just can't take it anymore lol. All part of the fun 😉
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My son gets overwhelmed if there's too much talking...that's the only thing that really bothers him.  Regardless of the time of the year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)