Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's a woman! OMG

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 40 Replies

Well the day has finally come. Lina began her first period today. I can honestly say I was a little shocked. She didn't freak out or anything she didn't even tell me she was bleeding. I found out when she was trying to explain to me why her tummy hurt but it didn't hurt because she had to poop. Her diet has been a mess with the move and the holiday so that is what I thought her tummy hurting was from. 

I had no pads so had to make a mad rush to the store. Got home put her in the tub and cleaned her all up, dressed her and put her clothes in the washer. YUCK!

So now I have to help her when she goes potty to make sure that her pad is changed and that she is wiping even better than before. 

WHERE DID THE BABY GO??????

• My 2nd time around. I LOVE EVERY MINUTE!!!
  •          boy n girlblowing bubbles
  •             R   &   A                Lina 
  •     teenage terror time!    special to all of us!
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! *hugs* Glad she was ok with it.

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

They just grow up way too fast. *hugs*

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Oh my! Hows she doing with it? It didn't scare her?
jessica4212011
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

that's good. Couple of questions though how old is she that you had to clean her up and go to the bathroom with her. My mom was there for me but not so invasive. She told me how to do it n if I needed help she was there. Idk maybe just me but its a pad not rocket science. N this maybe tmi but I was 10 when I started. Good for her though not freaking out. Good luck mommy

Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Oh my! Man I bawled and freaked out when I had mine even though I was fully prepared and taught about it lol! Good luck!
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Me too!!  I didn't want to grow up, lol and be a 'woman' everyone kept calling me, lol!  I still wanted to be a kid! 

Quoting Mipsy: Oh my! Man I bawled and freaked out when I had mine even though I was fully prepared and taught about it lol! Good luck!

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Since this is a 'special needs' group, I think care takers helping girls in this area is pretty common, some are even still in diapers when this is going on.  Depends more on the child's developmental, cognitive, and fine motor abilities than age.  I fully expect to have to do this for my daughter one day, just hoping she is out of diapers by then.

Quoting jessica4212011:

that's good. Couple of questions though how old is she that you had to clean her up and go to the bathroom with her. My mom was there for me but not so invasive. She told me how to do it n if I needed help she was there. Idk maybe just me but its a pad not rocket science. N this maybe tmi but I was 10 when I started. Good for her though not freaking out. Good luck mommy

Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah I don't think Jessica is a member of this group. Would help if people paid attention to what groups they are replying in

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Since this is a 'special needs' group, I think care takers helping girls in this area is pretty common, some are even still in diapers when this is going on.  Depends more on the child's developmental, cognitive, and fine motor abilities than age.  I fully expect to have to do this for my daughter one day, just hoping she is out of diapers by then.

Quoting jessica4212011:

Cindy18
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Poor thing. Hugs Momma!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Wow...hugs mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)