Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Wish Granters today *mini update*

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
On one hand, totally miserable experience for me but not because of our wish granters but because of Ty. Ty ended up too overwhelmed and shut down and turned into a bit of a rotten stinker. Our wish granters totally took in stride though and said they understood. They both sat on our floor the entire time and played with Ty. I was so glad I vacuumed this morning lol! They managed to get out of him that he wants to meet Woody (from Toy Story) and that is what he really wants. They said they had some creative ideas already for that and want to shock Ty so we will see what they come up with! They plan on coming back soon to talk with Ty again but are starting on working on stuff :) we love his granters! Sweet sweet people!

**mini update** Ty has told dh and I several times after his granters left that he wanted to meet Woody. We just said ok and left it alone. Tonight when I put him in bed he tells me "momma, I'm gonna close my eyes, take a deep breath, and make a wish" (MAW has a video on their YouTube site for kids to help them understand it and we showed it to him yesterday and today with his granters and it says to do that in the end) so I asked him what he wanted to wish for and he sat and thought for a moment and says "momma, I really want to meet Woody" and then hugged his toy Woody doll. I was feeling unsure if that's what he truly wanted, but now I have no doubt. That is truly what he wants :)
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM
That's awesome that they were so nice! I'm sure it's not uncommon for kids to get overwhelmed by the process. As parents, we always want people to see our children's best side, best moments, but it's ok when they see the struggles too. Hugs!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

And yeah, they said they understood completely. It's new people, we are asking a lot, and he's young so it is hard for him to think of something so big like this.

Quoting jjamom: That's awesome that they were so nice! I'm sure it's not uncommon for kids to get overwhelmed by the process. As parents, we always want people to see our children's best side, best moments, but it's ok when they see the struggles too. Hugs!
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That's great! Can't wait to hear what they give him!

cnsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I'm excited to see what they do for him.  I'm sure a lot of kids get overwhelmed, it probably didn't bother them in the least.  Keep us updated.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I will keep you guys updated! A friend told me her daughter was the same way and she was seven when they did hers and she said it turned out great despite her daughter not want to talk to them at all lol! So that made me feel better knowing we weren't the only ones with the child like that!
michele115
by Michele on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Maybe they're gonna take you guys to Disney to meet him. That would be cool.

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM

How exciting for Ty!! I can't wait to hear what they come up with.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM

So precious!!!

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM

They will more than likely set you up with a Disney trip. You will get a place to stay at Give Kids the World and they give you passes for Disney, Universal, and Sea World. The place is INCREDIBLE!! 

There isn't anything at Disney that has Woody as a start performer (no shows that you could go backstage and meet him), but they do have the meet and greets in (with Jessie) Adventurland in Magic Kingdom and in Pixar Place ( with Buzz) in MGM/Hollywood Studios. With the wish buttons you will be given, he will get to go to the front of the line and meet Woody. With our wish experience, the characters spent a lot of time with the kids. And you will get a lot of great photos from the photographer (part of the package from GKTW is a card that you show the photographer and it records all your photos that are taken at disney. You then can order the CD with all the photos once you get home)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN