Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Say Hello & Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have?

2. How old were they when they first received their diagnosis?

3. Do they attend a public, private, charter or home school?

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM or WOHM?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Raising Special Needs Kids & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Replies (421-423):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Oct. 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Welcome to the group!

Quoting mommablueberry:

1. How many kids do you have?

Just my one little girl. :)

2. How old were they when they first received their diagnosis? 

She was diagnosed at birth. What she has is something called Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome, but until all the testing is done, they're simply diagnosing as venous lymphatic malformations. They cover her left arm, neck, back, and left chest cavity.

3. Do they attend a public, private, charter or home school?

She's only 4 months old right now. We want her to be in public school someday, but kids can be mean and if it starts to overwhelm her too bad, we will have no problem with letting her be homeschooled. 

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM or WOHM?

I'm currently a SAHM, but since moving to a safer neighborhood, I will now have to go back to work. I'm a full time student as well.

LittleCondon
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Sarah and I am married to my amazing husband, Craig. We have two kids Madison (4) and Miles (1). We also have a sweet angel boy, Bennett, and are expecting our fourth child (a sweet little girl) in March. Our daughter, Madison, was diagnosed with Achondroplasia dwarfism toward the end of my pregnancy with her. As a result of this diagnosis she has had issues with sleep apnea, had her adenoids and tonsils removed, had tubes placed in her ears, and is likely to have surgery to correct the bowing in her legs. She attends a private daycare, but will hopefully be attending kindergarten at the local public school next fall. So far we've had wonderful folks at her school who are supportive of Madison and her unique challenges. I had been active in this group previously but lost touch with the loss of our sweet Bennett and then during the infancy of our Miles. I am a SAHM in South Carolina and enjoy every minute of it. 

A few photos of our brood!

Madison, Craig, and Miles.

Miles and Madison

4th of July

letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 16, 2014 at 1:49 PM

welcome Sarah , im joy.

Do you make the kids clothes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)