Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Say Hello & Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have?

2. How old were they when they first received their diagnosis?

3. Do they attend a public, private, charter or home school?

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM or WOHM?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Raising Special Needs Kids & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Replies (411-416):
christelgory
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2014 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi Joy,thank you for the warm welcome! That's awesome that you get to share life with a little miracle too!!
letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM

yes it is awesome isnt it our miracle angels

Quoting christelgory: Hi Joy,thank you for the warm welcome! That's awesome that you get to share life with a little miracle too!!

JCKitten87
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi I'm Kat, I'm 27 & my husband is Jake. We have a daughter named Jasmine.
She's 6 & was officially diagnosed with ASD last week. We've known for a long time but now it's official & we are hoping to get her IEP back soon. She's in public school as a 1st grader. She had an IEP & an aide in kindergarten but they ended all services for her in March.
I work part time. I recently had an attempted (but failed) brain surgery that left me in the hospital for 3 months & out of work for 4 months. I'm currently looking for a new surgeon so the mass can be removed
letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM

welcome Kat , im joy , wow- i hope you find a good surgeon

Quoting JCKitten87: Hi I'm Kat, I'm 27 & my husband is Jake. We have a daughter named Jasmine. She's 6 & was officially diagnosed with ASD last week. We've known for a long time but now it's official & we are hoping to get her IEP back soon. She's in public school as a 1st grader. She had an IEP & an aide in kindergarten but they ended all services for her in March. I work part time. I recently had an attempted (but failed) brain surgery that left me in the hospital for 3 months & out of work for 4 months. I'm currently looking for a new surgeon so the mass can be removed

christelgory
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2014 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi Kat. I hope you believe in Jesus Christ because He can give you a strength and peace you cannot image. I am praying for you!!
mommablueberry
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM

1. How many kids do you have?

Just my one little girl. :)

2. How old were they when they first received their diagnosis? 

She was diagnosed at birth. What she has is something called Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome, but until all the testing is done, they're simply diagnosing as venous lymphatic malformations. They cover her left arm, neck, back, and left chest cavity.

3. Do they attend a public, private, charter or home school?

She's only 4 months old right now. We want her to be in public school someday, but kids can be mean and if it starts to overwhelm her too bad, we will have no problem with letting her be homeschooled. 

4. Are you a SAHM, WAHM or WOHM?

I'm currently a SAHM, but since moving to a safer neighborhood, I will now have to go back to work. I'm a full time student as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)