Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When i panic........

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
I seem to shut down. Tys doing bad GI wise. He can't stool without an enema and the last one we gave made him pretty sick. Today he's done nothing but sit in his playroom watching tv. Normally Ty is bouncing off the walls in the morning. He is barely moving today, very pale, dark circles under his eyes, has told me his stool is stuck (no he doesn't call it stool, lol, I'm just trying to be polite talking about it).

When I started writing this I was waiting for a call back and got it. Now headed to the er for xray and fluids and possible admit.

But my original post was that when I panic, I shut down. Instead of posting I should have been packing but it overwhelms me which is stupid.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
It's not stupid. I get like that, I sort of get paralyzed by fear. When something really worries me, I'll shut down, as if it will just not be the case if I ignore it. I dont do it shen it comes to the kids, but definitely with my own stuff. So, I get where you're coming from.

Good luck with the ER. I hope they get it all under control and get Ty feeling better. Hugs!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I understand the shutting down, not stupid at all!  All the developmental delays that come with my kid's dxs do not bother me.  Give me a terrifying medical one and everything stops until we can fix it.  And some days it just gets to be too much.  You are in a constant stooling issue/ER/hospital stay circle that never ends.  You have a right to shut down and take your moment before the next run.  It's no fun to worry about your child being desperately uncomfortable, sore, tired, etc.  That is exhausting, so shut down, then pick yourself up and hit the ER.  And while this is probably TMI, I will say constipation was part of my last pregnancy with the triplets.  At delivery I had not pooped in 9 days!!  I get what Ty feels and feel terrible for him.  I never want to feel that way again and he deals with it daily.  What a trooper!!  Hugs and prayers you get good answers!! 

Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I'm so glad you gals understand. It is like a total paralysis, deer in the headlights. I knew this was coming, but still feel unprepared.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
It's ok. I like to post too. Gives me a small breather plus I can wrap my mind around it!
Mipsy
by Chelle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
So good news is we didn't have to stay! But Ty still doesn't feel the greatest. So not sure if something else is brewing or they couldnt pick up on the xray.
Codysmom2106
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

It's never stupid to feel that way. I cannot even begin to imagine what you or your son go through. I'm so sorry you both have to. Shutting down and taking a moment is the best thing you can do for the both of you if that's how it needs to be. I hope he feels better soon. Thoughts and prayers headed your way. 

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM

its not stupid , i hope he goes soon

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Good luck at the ER. Prayers for the both of you!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I'm sorry mama....big hugs!  Keep us posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)