Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IQ

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 18 Replies

i requested that during my sons testing they do IQ test on him , he hasnt had this test for 3 years im interested what it would be now  - being that it can effect services- so his case mgr. is trying to make this happen , i hate it when the school  tries to do as little as possible when testing time rolls around   , know what i mean

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Good you are there pushing for testing and services.
Codysmom2106
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Good! I hope things go the way you need them to. Seems like schools are only wanting/able to do the bare minimum. 

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Yep, I do. I'm glad he's going to have his done. 😊
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM

As far as I know they've never done an actual IQ test on Lina. 

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
If a child has language delays the standard IQ test is not the best tool because the results will be deflated. I can't remember the name of the test that should be used instead. My son had his IQ tested when he had the ADHD screening and the verbal section pulled the score waaaay down. I wish I'd known to ask for the appropriate testing because his results are useless to me.
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
They should redo the testing (as long as you agree) every three years. I don't know why there would be a fight.

My sons triennial testing came up just recently and they automatically scheduled the meeting to discuss it. We decided not to test this year (for a variety of reasons) and the team was on board with our decision, but it was made clear to me that it was our decision (my DH and I) and that if we decide we want the testing at any time, that we can request it at any time. It was also made clear that his services and eligibility would not be impacted by our decision not to test at this time. If his eligibility had been dependent upon testing, we definitely would have.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope things go well...you're such a good mom!

TatyBear
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM
My DD has never had one before. She is 11 and SN. She is delayed in a lot of areas. She can't read yet either. Or begin to sound out words to spell.

I should request it though. Not sure how in my area though.
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM

you can request thru your school dist.

Quoting TatyBear: My DD has never had one before. She is 11 and SN. She is delayed in a lot of areas. She can't read yet either. Or begin to sound out words to spell.

I should request it though. Not sure how in my area though.

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:53 PM

i know , my sons 3 year is due in march , they are balking on doing the FULL testing because its known he is Autistic so dont want for some reason want to do full testing-- budget cuts my guess. Im pushing them - i want the psycology tesst redone also

Quoting jjamom: They should redo the testing (as long as you agree) every three years. I don't know why there would be a fight.

My sons triennial testing came up just recently and they automatically scheduled the meeting to discuss it. We decided not to test this year (for a variety of reasons) and the team was on board with our decision, but it was made clear to me that it was our decision (my DH and I) and that if we decide we want the testing at any time, that we can request it at any time. It was also made clear that his services and eligibility would not be impacted by our decision not to test at this time. If his eligibility had been dependent upon testing, we definitely would have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)