• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growth Spurts

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 14 Replies

i love them , i have waited soooo long for my son to grow and gain weight and he really has in the last year since he turned 13

can you tell when your kid is in a growth spurt ?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Not with my son. With dd she is more hungry and sleeps more.
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

i notice this too and leg muscle aches

Quoting mandee1503: Not with my son. With dd she is more hungry and sleeps more.

Codysmom2106
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM

No they both eat whatever they want and there hasn't been any significant weight gain in a long time. I'm pretty sure my son has grown height wise. He is just about a foot shorter than me. I'm positive my dd has grown height wise as well. They both have checkups coming in feb and March so we will see. 

alyssasmommy312
by Angela on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Christopher has been on a continuous growth spurt since the day he was born so cant usually tell any difference if he speeds up, lol.  Alyssa just the opposite.  She grows so slowly you cant tell.  

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM

My littlest only gains 3 lbs and a couple of inches per year, so there really is no 'spurt.'  My 2 almost same size kids just kind of putz.  But my 10 year old has been eating us out of house and home and grew like 6-7 inches from last Christmas to now.  He's in 5th grade and already 5 flt 3. 

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM

With Lina no. With my other kids yes it was really easy to tell when they were about ready to sprout. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM

My son was almost the same height and weight for 3 years. Finally this year he grew about 2.5 inches and put on about 10 pounds. I was never so happy to see a growth spurt. I didn't care that I had to buy him all new clothes and shoes!

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Yes, my oldest son (he'll be 13 in February) gets the leg pain. He has grown several inches in height this past year. He is right at about 5 feet now (quickly gaining on me)!

Quoting letstalk747:

i notice this too and leg muscle aches

Quoting mandee1503: Not with my son. With dd she is more hungry and sleeps more.

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
My little guy also gained in height over the last year (a couple if inches) but I can only really tell by the fact that his pants get shorter and/or people who see him less often comment on him getting taller. :)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!  I can't tell with Brady...his growth hormone shots have worked well though:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)