Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Im committing my son sat.®®UPDATE®®

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM
  • 31 Replies
My son has been a battle since age 3 after today I cant do anymore he sent my 6 year old daughter to the hospital.he's been violent and outraged for ueats we have tried everything but committing him.my son has the following mild schizofrenia ODD END ADHD my family and his father dont like the idea but they dont live this daily battle and im just burnt out!

Update:

Today my son had his appt he was also commited I feel like shit and my parents are against it and making me feel like the bad guy. It was hard and I cried the whole way home:(
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM

sorry to hear this , keep us posted , ok

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I'm so sorry but if he is unsafe to himself and others I would feel I had to do that too. *HUGS* Do let us know how it goes.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:48 PM
*hugs* I'm so sorry momma.
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry to hear that. It must be an absolutely heartbreaking decision. How old is he?
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Im so sorry that you are having to go through this. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it must to make such a decision.  I hope things start to turn around for you and you are able to get him the help that he needs.

I hope your daughter is okay.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:54 AM
I hope your daughter is okay. It sounds like you're doing what is best for him, you and all the others he is around. You're doing the right thing as hard as it must be. You are a very strong and caring Mother hang in there Momma! Keep us posted please.
Linda733
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:44 AM

That just made me cry.i can't imagine how hard that is going to be for everyone...crying

briellesmomma
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:45 AM
Hugs :(
Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Big hugs!!

couple questions... Has the doctor/therapist reccommended inpatient therapy (that's the "new" word)? Why are you waiting until Saturday? Do you already have placement for him? 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hugs mama...I can't imagine how hard this must be for you guys.  Keep us posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN