Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Anyone NOT affected by this huge winter storm? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM
  • 40 Replies

I believe it has affected most of the country.....

Anyone out there NOT freezing their tootsies off? Any secrets for staying warm?

Cindy

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:44 AM

We are in Virginia and it's 20 something degrees this morning....mega cold!  No snow or anything though.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:57 AM
I'm in CA. It's in the high 60's here and when we go to La and San Diego on Monday and Tuesday it will be in the high and mid 70's.
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:16 AM

We're negative 18 with wind chill.  :(  Iowa winters are harsh!  It is funny, for us a 20/25 degree day in winter is AWESOME!  But for you guys I'm sure is super cooooold!!  Just like a friend of mine in TX is freezing if it hits 40.  Isn't it funny what perspective you get use to, lol!  Bundle up!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We are in Virginia and it's 20 something degrees this morning....mega cold!  No snow or anything though.

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I am so jealous!!  I'm not sure of which more though, that you're in CA or your weather!! 

Quoting mandee1503: I'm in CA. It's in the high 60's here and when we go to La and San Diego on Monday and Tuesday it will be in the high and mid 70's.

hhhanna
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Not affected down here in Houston.  Last night our LOW temp was 37, which is cold for here but nothing compared to the rest of you.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Its been chilly here. Woke up this morning to no water. I called the water office and the lady there said it was 10 degrees at her house this morning and that our pipes probably froze. Their sending someone to check it out 😞

I hope it comes back soon! My coffee pot is empty!!
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
You do know you just made enemies right? 😉

Quoting mandee1503: I'm in CA. It's in the high 60's here and when we go to La and San Diego on Monday and Tuesday it will be in the high and mid 70's.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Lol!!! Trust me its not all its cracked up to be. It's so dry here. We haven't had a good rain system come through in several years. Think this is year 4 of the drought. I live in the agriculture center. Not a good combo.

Quoting arkansasmama08: You do know you just made enemies right? 😉

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Meh. The weather is ok. But trust me. Ill be dying come June when it's 113 out.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I am so jealous!!  I'm not sure of which more though, that you're in CA or your weather!! 

MomAmy77
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM

ts below zero out with about 10 inches of snow with maybe 3-6 more coming . Staying warm isn't an option right now for me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)