You all know we moved and that I was trying to keep the kids especially Lina in the same school until the end of the school year. The district offices closed from 12/23 'til today. I did the waiver request from the new district with no problem, turned it in to the current district & filled out the papers for the request to keep them in school. On Friday 12/20 I got the letter from the current school district saying that A can stay but Lina & R can't because they have IEP's and the programs are full so they won't let them stay. The offices all closed early that day so couldn't talk to anyone.
Soooooooooooo I had to wait 2 weeks before I can talk to anyone. Today is the day that everyone is back from the break. Now I get to go to the new district office and try to get into talk to the Special Services Director and find out what do they need to make sure that Lina is in the right program. I will be really pissed if they put her in a school/program and then move her because they put her in the wrong one. She is already stressed about it as it is.
Here is my day today! 1) Go to new school district office............ 2) ? depends on what they say. At 2:45 I have to leave my house to have R to his group therapy by 3:30 and I have to take Lina today. He gets done at 5 then I have to have Lina to the hospital lab by 6 so that she can have a blood draw done just before she is due to have her seizure meds then I get to come home.
Now to get motivated to go take a shower and get this day going! I really want to just stay home but I don't think there is a fairy out there that takes care of these kinds of things. Oh well off to start this day. Wish me luck that they don't give me the run around or the "well we will have to request those records first it could take a week or more before we know." I'll scream if I hear that statement! So anyone hear an extremely loud scream of frustration and anger you will know it is coming from me! LOL