Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Moved and now new schools.

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 15 Replies

You all know we moved and that I was trying to keep the kids especially Lina in the same school until the end of the school year. The district offices closed from 12/23 'til today. I did the waiver request from the new district with no problem, turned it in to the current district & filled out the papers for the request to keep them in school. On Friday 12/20 I got the letter from the current school district saying that A can stay but Lina & R can't because they have IEP's and the programs are full so they won't let them stay. The offices all closed early that day so couldn't talk to anyone.

Soooooooooooo I had to wait 2 weeks before I can talk to anyone. Today is the day that everyone is back from the break. Now I get to go to the new district office and try to get into talk to the Special Services Director and find out what do they need to make sure that Lina is in the right program. I will be really pissed if they put her in a school/program and then move her because they put her in the wrong one. She is already stressed about it as it is. 

Here is my day today!   1) Go to new school district office............ 2) ? depends on what they say.  At 2:45 I have to leave my house to have R to his group therapy by 3:30 and I have to take Lina today. He gets done at 5 then I have to have Lina to the hospital lab by 6 so that she can have a blood draw done just before she is due to have her seizure meds then I get to come home. 

Now to get motivated to go take a shower and get this day going! I really want to just stay home but I don't think there is a fairy out there that takes care of these kinds of things. Oh well off to start this day. Wish me luck that they don't give me the run around or the "well we will have to request those records first it could take a week or more before we know." I'll scream if I hear that statement! So anyone hear an extremely loud scream of frustration and anger you will know it is coming from me! LOL

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If you find that fairy that makes you not have to deal with the school system, send them my way when you are done.  I could use someone to take care of some business for me!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Oh mama...big hugs!!!

MamaLauri
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Hang in there. I hope everything works out. hugs

letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

unbelievable

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:27 PM
How absurd that they were just there, but now it's too full!

I don't blame you at all fir not wanting them to just make a temporary placement and then possibly move her again. That is really hard for most kids, especially those with SN.

Hugs! I hope you get it all worked out.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Wish I could but that damn fairy never showed up!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

If you find that fairy that makes you not have to deal with the school system, send them my way when you are done.  I could use someone to take care of some business for me!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Surprise today it went smooth as far as talking to the special services I didn't even have to wait. They told me what to do to make things go faster.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Oh mama...big hugs!!!

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Today went great surprised me. The lady even told me what I can do to make things go faster and make sure she gets in the right place the first time.

Quoting MamaLauri:

Hang in there. I hope everything works out. hugs

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:02 PM
I know she was already in the program.

Quoting letstalk747:

unbelievable

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Sorry.  Was crossing my fingers for you!! 

Quoting Linagma03: Wish I could but that damn fairy never showed up!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)