Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Back to school yet?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:08 AM
  • 30 Replies

Are your kids back to school after the holidays?  Are they out for longer due to the weather?  

by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Brady's school went back last Thursday (2nd), and he went Thursday, but not Friday.  He went yesterday but probably won't go today.  They might delay or cancel today's school due to the weather.  Brady got up at 3:45 and never went back to sleep so he'll need a nap!

mandy_2536
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Today is the day
Back to school yes yes yes
Mom needs a break
raysma07
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:05 AM

was supposed to go back thurs but stayed home friday school was closed , he went back yesterday and will go today even though his cousins are staying home cause their parents think its to cold. I live 1 block literally from the school so he can go he misses alot of school already due to his CF  so he wil be fine ..

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:53 AM
My kids went back Thurs and were off Friday due to snow. Our school system sent them yesterday and today, despite a current temp of 4* with a -17 windchill. It's bitterly cold. I noticed when I dropped my DD off (didn't make her ride the bus) that the school resource officer was not outside directing the traffic flow, but inside his car. I feel bad for the staff at my little guys school who will be outside for 1/2 hour in the car rider lane and bus lane. :(
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM

We were back Thursday and Friday, but now out yesterday and today for the cold.  Wednesday is no prek day every week, so I have the kids until Thursday. 

Sorry Brady got up so early!  Hope you get your nap!!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:28 PM

D went back to school today! He was a bit resistent because he had been off for so long, but I think after a day or two he will get back into the routine and be fine.

Cindy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM

The schools have been closed an extra three days.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Hope you get your break mama!

Quoting mandy_2536: Today is the day
Back to school yes yes yes
Mom needs a break

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Wow!  

Quoting Cindy18:

The schools have been closed an extra three days.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Hope he does well this week!  

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

D went back to school today! He was a bit resistent because he had been off for so long, but I think after a day or two he will get back into the routine and be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN