Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Just venting i guess (sorry so long thanks for listening)

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

with the holidays and now the two girls have been out of school still due to nasty weather things have been quite hectic around here. As ive mentioned before we have my lil man set up for a occupational therapy evaluation that his primary care got set up, because the first developmental dr we went to didnt really tell us much of anything and we are in the process of getting him into see another one and they actually called today and there next available appt isnt till march :( i hate this waiting game i guess i just want answers so bad that it drives me crazy or maybe my lil boy is just being a typical lil boy im not sure but id rather know then not know we have had some drs tell us possibly spd well we have had drs tell us POSSIBLY alot of things and his passing out spells have gotten worse and im pretty sure that he is also having seizure activity(trying to get into a neurologist but will take months im sure) his eating habits have gotten worse im lucky if i can get him to put anything in his mouth other then his bottle occasionally i manage to get him to eat real food but very rare and i worry so much about that. His behavioural issues have gotten worse he isnt hurting himself quite as much any more but trys to go around hitting everyone else his sisters dont even wanna get too close to him because if they try he will just get mean in a matter of minutes yanks there hair tries to slap them grabs at there face bites pinches throws things at them (heavy things that he shouldnt even be able to pick up(he is only 13months old but is avery strong little boy) he definetly does have his sweet adorabable loving moments but there very few and in between. and when i tell him no or move him away from them or make him get out of something he throws a complete fit bangs his head or stomps around screaming or if theres something he can shove over or knock over hell do that. one thing i will never do is give up on my baby he is my whole world but sometimes i get soo stressed out that i jsut dont know what to do or how to help him and i sometimes feel like everyone else thinks im crazy because they dont see him often or when people come by or we go to someone's houses its usually only in short doses and he is fine for the most part and when he does act up they just say that i spoil him, which i dont feel like is the case!! Sorry so long i just feel like this is really my only place to vent or get opnions  from people who understand 

by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Big hugs mama!  First of all, I would find a new developmental pediatrician.  There are definitely some behavioral things going on with him...some of them seem like Autism (just my opinion as I have an Autistic child), could be SPD, and then the seizure stuff.  Wow.  I know this has to be hard for you guys.  I would fight until you can get a developmental pedi to evaluate him.  Hugs and good luck!

Kjones1988
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:17 PM

yah we have another appt with a new one its in march, when they called and told me that march was the soonest they could get me in i guess maybe that is what got me all down today because i feel like that is soo far away. His OT evaluation is the 20th of this month hoping i can get atleast some advice on what i can do better to help him at home :/

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Big hugs mama!  First of all, I would find a new developmental pediatrician.  There are definitely some behavioral things going on with him...some of them seem like Autism (just my opinion as I have an Autistic child), could be SPD, and then the seizure stuff.  Wow.  I know this has to be hard for you guys.  I would fight until you can get a developmental pedi to evaluate him.  Hugs and good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM

You would be surprised to know how much OTs know about kids with sensory issues and Autism.  I think that will be a very good thing for both of you:)  Good luck on the 20th and please let us know how things go!

Quoting Kjones1988:

yah we have another appt with a new one its in march, when they called and told me that march was the soonest they could get me in i guess maybe that is what got me all down today because i feel like that is soo far away. His OT evaluation is the 20th of this month hoping i can get atleast some advice on what i can do better to help him at home :/

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Kjones1988
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You would be surprised to know how much OTs know about kids with sensory issues and Autism.  I think that will be a very good thing for both of you:)  Good luck on the 20th and please let us know how things go!

Quoting Kjones1988:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM

hugs , passing out spells very concerning for sure , your OT apt. will help im sure with some ideas

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Good luck! Big Hugs Momma!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)