Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New seizure activity

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:51 PM
  • 17 Replies
We'll Lina had been doing really good no seizures that we were aware of until this last 10 days. She had a couple one night vomited and had another one. Last night she sat up in bed and was staring straight ahead nothing else we spoke to her shook her tried to lay her down no response then she laid herself down and 5 seconds later puked the whole thing lasted about 1 minute. She sat up like that once before for only 30 seconds or so then laid back down but no puking. This sitting up thing is new. Told her dr and he wants o wait for labs to come back before deciding what to do to treat her now he said just keep doing what I'm doing. He did ask this time around about her routine and said e need to keep it as stable as possible especially her sleeping. I'll know more sometime after the 13 th when all the labs should be back.
Fun, fun fun!
Anyone else having fun yet?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM

sorry to hear this

Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Didn't she just start her period? My friend's dd had a lot of seizure activity around that time each month.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:11 AM
I've heard seizures increase around puberty. Hope you are able to get some answers.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Hugs mama..I'm sorry!  Keep us posted!

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks.

Quoting letstalk747:

sorry to hear this

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:37 AM

That's what he warned me about when she was first dx with them. Now just waiting for the lab tests to come back and see what her med levels are.  

Quoting Bluecalm: Didn't she just start her period? My friend's dd had a lot of seizure activity around that time each month.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I hope to have answers in about a week. He said that is about how long it takes to get the trileptol results back, the Keppra is usually back in 3 days but it has taken up to 5 at the most. He did tell me that when she was first dx that when she hit puberty the activity would probably increase. 

Quoting mandee1503: I've heard seizures increase around puberty. Hope you are able to get some answers.

Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Thank's I will. Just waiting on blood test results. We have an appt in February. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama..I'm sorry!  Keep us posted!

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I didn't think about puberty, the girls here are so smart!!

Is she on trileptal and keppra too? That's what Ty is on! We,are waning trileptal off though and next appt requesting he's taken off trileptal and keppra fully and put on something different. Just too many side effect issues and he's still not seizure free
Andreaaa81
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

How scary is this? I am sorry for you and your girl. Take care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)