Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

vision therapy

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM
  • 9 Replies
Is there any way to get help paying for it? Ds eye doctor says he has visual processing problems and really needs it but I can't afford it. Any way to get help paying for this?
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:34 AM

To be honest, I've never heard of it before....I wish you the best!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Does he get speech? We do a lot of vision exercises in speech because ds is non verbal.
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:13 AM
We're looking at doing vision therapy for my youngest. Maybe all 3, but definitely him. I've asked if it could be added to his iep and they're looking into it. Otherwise, the Dr said Medicaid will cover. Do y'all have Medicaid or insurance?
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I'd think insurance or Medicaid would cover it if the doctor is recommending it. He will probably need to do a script and/or letter of medical necessity for it, but I'd think it would be covered.
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM
No speech :(

Quoting mandee1503: Does he get speech? We do a lot of vision exercises in speech because ds is non verbal.
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM
He has medical for families but soon will have just blue cross. His eye doctor said it's not a medically recognized diagnosis and they won't cover it.

Quoting arkansasmama08: We're looking at doing vision therapy for my youngest. Maybe all 3, but definitely him. I've asked if it could be added to his iep and they're looking into it. Otherwise, the Dr said Medicaid will cover. Do y'all have Medicaid or insurance?
DDDaysh
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I'm not sure, but what about organizations like the Shriners, Easter Seals, or Any Baby Can?

Quoting JasonsMom2007: He has medical for families but soon will have just blue cross. His eye doctor said it's not a medically recognized diagnosis and they won't cover it.

Quoting arkansasmama08: We're looking at doing vision therapy for my youngest. Maybe all 3, but definitely him. I've asked if it could be added to his iep and they're looking into it. Otherwise, the Dr said Medicaid will cover. Do y'all have Medicaid or insurance?

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Hmm I'll look into it thanks

Quoting DDDaysh:

I'm not sure, but what about organizations like the Shriners, Easter Seals, or Any Baby Can?

Quoting JasonsMom2007: He has medical for families but soon will have just blue cross. His eye doctor said it's not a medically recognized diagnosis and they won't cover it.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM
If they write a script for it, then it should be covered. Call insurance and ask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN