Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Ugh!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm having a rough day. I went to pick Em up at school and there was a note in her bag. It said that she wasn't listening in class, wasn't listening to her teachers, and wasn't listening when they told her to clean up. I just feel like crying right now. I told them that when the newness of the situation wore off then it gets really difficult for her. We have been having issues with her listening at home too. I don't know what they want me to do! I can't make her listen, and I can't be there in the classroom with her. I'm sure they were just telling me to keep me updated, but I don't understand the purpose for the note. Ugh. Sorry, just venting and I'm all done now lol! 

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Lina's teacher used to communicate via notes because it was easier than making phone calls at the end of the week or even during the week when she felt she needed to update a parent about something. I even got notes about how she was trying hard to do something new or even a message passed on to me from one of the therapists because the therapist wasn't going to be able to call me for a couple of days but felt I should know what ever it was good or bad. 

I hope that it was just a little update about what she is doing now which also lets you know that the newness has worn off. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Hugs mama...I'm sorry!

JKuney
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM

I hope so to, and that's what I'm going to try to tell her teacher tomorrow. The issue really for me is that I have been told she's fine, she's great, and then all of a sudden wait we have a problem. I don't mind notes, I even welcome knowing what is going on since she can't tell me. But I never hear anything and then there's a problem. I'm just really frustrated :/

Quoting Linagma03:

Lina's teacher used to communicate via notes because it was easier than making phone calls at the end of the week or even during the week when she felt she needed to update a parent about something. I even got notes about how she was trying hard to do something new or even a message passed on to me from one of the therapists because the therapist wasn't going to be able to call me for a couple of days but felt I should know what ever it was good or bad. 

I hope that it was just a little update about what she is doing now which also lets you know that the newness has worn off. 

JKuney
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM

thanks

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama...I'm sorry!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM
I'm sorry. It'd be nice it they'd throw in some positive too. It may be a new thing for her and she's just trying to keep you up to speed. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)