Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Ugh. ***update: it happened again today....posted in comments****update #2 in replies

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
  • 26 Replies

So I was all set to pull Cody from school. I had applied to do so and everything. We'll after talking to the teacher, therapists, etc... We decided to give it one more try. Things so far have been relatively okay....up until today. I pull up to the school to pick up Cody and notice there is a class at recess. I notice boy#1 and boy #2 look to be " rough housing" and then boy 2 goes down and lands on his back. Boy 1 then climbs on him pinning him down. Boy 2 is able to get up and tries going back after him but trips and falls. 2 others then came over one of which kicked boy 2 in the leg. I had suspected when I first pulled up that boy 2 was Cody and it was. I'm trying not to make anything of this but it's really hard for me not to. I asked him if they were just messing around or what. He said he wasn't having fun and had told the boy to get off him but that's just how the kid is. Ugh. 

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Oh no!  I'm sorry mama...I'd be having a conversation with the teacher.  Where were the adults?  

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Oh no!  I'm sorry mama...I'd be having a conversation with the teacher.  Where were the adults?  

I have no idea. I couldn't see any from where I was. I know they are out there though. A conversation at this point won't get me anywhere. It'll just be more of the same. "Kids will be kids...and I can't watch every one all the time"

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM
This happened to Zack too. He was being chased around the playground and being pushed down and then kicked. I saw red. We pulled him.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:46 PM

What did the teachers say?  That's not ok for any of the kids to be doing, rough housing or not.  At school it isn't allowed (at least here.)  Is he ok? 

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Quoting arkansasmama08: This happened to Zack too. He was being chased around the playground and being pushed down and then kicked. I saw red. We pulled him.

I knew after a minute it was him. I was so mad. I'm sorry that your son went through that. Kids can really be mean. 

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

What did the teachers say?  That's not ok for any of the kids to be doing, rough housing or not.  At school it isn't allowed (at least here.)  Is he ok? 

He said he's fine. He had PT this afternoon and went right into that without a problem. He is so tough and resilient. I haven't spoken to the teacher but I know what age will say. More of the same as what they told me before. They will just brush me off. I may email her though.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I have no idea. I couldn't see any from where I was. I know they are out there though. A conversation at this point won't get me anywhere. It'll just be more of the same. "Kids will be kids...and I can't watch every one all the time"

Hugs mama...I'm sorry:(

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with Darby.  And if they give you that line of BS, it's just that, BS.  They are out there to ensure the safety of all students and to make sure the students are following the rules.  That behavior is NOT ok and should not be written off as simple rough-housing.  I don't think rough-housing is allowed in most schools, either.  I'd go to the Principal.  I'd be livid if I saw this occur with any child, not just my own.  

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I'd be so angry about that. I know that at Lina's school when the kids played tag it was supervised closely any rough tagging was given 1 warning another rough tag even by a different child was cause for the game of tag to be ended. I know that any kind of aggressive play isn't allowed. "Rough housing" isn't allowed at all. 

letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

talk with the recess teacher your self and make her aware that she or they  are missing bullying going on and you want it written up and the other kids involved written up- i ust to have to do this and talk with the principle about it .  Have you talked with school staff about this ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)