Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you diet?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • 15 Replies

If so, what diets/ways of eating have worked for you?

What diets are a totally BUST?

Cindy

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssasmommy312
by Angela on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Im on Weight Watchers right now, and it has worked in the past, lost 25 lbs then got pregnant lol.  So here I am again.  If you follow/work the program its successful.  I cant do diets I have no will power, lol.  This is more of a way of teaching me how to look at food differently.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I lost 70 lbs by watching my sodium intake in foods.  If I stop doing it, the weight starts to creap back up.  Guess if I pay attention to the sodium, I can't eat all the bad (yummy) things! Lol!  But after the triplet pregnancy the weight had to go! LOL 

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I don't do diets, but I do try to eat well.  I aim for balanced meals.  I could do better with cleaner eating and better snacks...

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I don't diet. I use portion control, eat healthy (when able) and exercise.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I don't diet but I have been trying to make healthier choices for all of us. Most people eat when stressed I don't. The more stressed the less I eat. Messed up metabolism has me burning what I do eat instead of holding on to it.
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I have been trying to eat better. I did the Fasting Diet and did really good on it. I did it for the first 3 weeks of the month but this week has a bust! I think it's because I have been taking cold medicine and without eating lunch I have been getting sick to my stomach.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I don't diet.  I try eat healthy clean foods and stay away from processed foods and gluten.  

letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:39 PM

i try to eat clean , no hi carbs

aakeiser
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I don't diet. I did some research on weight loss and watching your carb, sugar, and drink lots of water and walking you are post to lose weight. You are post to walk so many hours a week. I think it was 4 to 6 hours a week. Walk 3 to 4 days a week. I know a lot of my friends is doing the boot camp work outs. I was told by my doctor watch my sugars and cut soda out of my diet and ride a bike because I have a bad knee. If I can stay healthy long enough to keep it up.
Cindy18
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:11 AM

This is my biggest problem. Making the time to exercise. I really have to work harder on this. I sit A LOT for work. 

Quoting aakeiser: I don't diet. I did some research on weight loss and watching your carb, sugar, and drink lots of water and walking you are post to lose weight. You are post to walk so many hours a week. I think it was 4 to 6 hours a week. Walk 3 to 4 days a week. I know a lot of my friends is doing the boot camp work outs. I was told by my doctor watch my sugars and cut soda out of my diet and ride a bike because I have a bad knee. If I can stay healthy long enough to keep it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)