Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are You A Baker ?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 17 Replies

baking   of any kind ?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM
I am a novice baker. I love to cook and used to hate baking because nothing ever came out right for me. Now that I have learned that I can't eyeball things the way I do in cooking and a few more tips, my baked items are coming out pretty good, which gives me a lot more satisfaction and makes me want to bake more! My cheesecake and baklava are my "specialties".
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM

YES!!!  Love to bake!!! 

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I ALWAYS eyeball while baking. I almost never follow the hard and fast rules of cooking and my stuff usually turns out.

I love to bake. I do more since we found out the kids have to be gf. That stuff is too expensive lol.

Quoting jjamom: I am a novice baker. I love to cook and used to hate baking because nothing ever came out right for me. Now that I have learned that I can't eyeball things the way I do in cooking and a few more tips, my baked items are coming out pretty good, which gives me a lot more satisfaction and makes me want to bake more! My cheesecake and baklava are my "specialties".
jjamom
by Michele on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM
It probably tastes better homemade, too!

Quoting arkansasmama08: Lol I ALWAYS eyeball while baking. I almost never follow the hard and fast rules of cooking and my stuff usually turns out.

I love to bake. I do more since we found out the kids have to be gf. That stuff is too expensive lol.

Quoting jjamom: I am a novice baker. I love to cook and used to hate baking because nothing ever came out right for me. Now that I have learned that I can't eyeball things the way I do in cooking and a few more tips, my baked items are coming out pretty good, which gives me a lot more satisfaction and makes me want to bake more! My cheesecake and baklava are my "specialties".
Linagma03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I love to make homemade bread, biscuits, fruit breads, cakes, pies, cookies. Dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls are the hardest for me to make and I haven't figured out why. The family loves it when I make bread, DH has to eat the ends before it cools and the kids have to have a slice before it is completely cooled too. I like making bread because then my house smells good for the whole day. 

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Only desserts, cookies, cornbread, biscuts... Nothing with yeast. 

I lkke to eat.. And homemade is usually best... So ive learned how to make some favorites. :) 

N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I only bake cookies. I try to make cakes if someone birthday. And ya i just buy the cake already done. I burn the sides everytime that is hard as a rock.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:09 AM

No and that's probably a good thing!

CrossStitchMum
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:13 AM
I love baking although I haven't really done any at all since the kids came along. I hate cooking but I love baking lol
goldpandora
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

YES! But I'm a Scot so that explains it. lol

Pastries, cakes, breads,  you name it, I bake it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)