Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do your kids get cabin fever?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

With all the cold weather across the country this winter, I was wondering if your kids get cabin fever from having to stay indoors?

We don't really have winter advisory/extremely cold weather days here in Texas but his year has been the exception. We have had several really really cold days where my son couldnt go outside at home nor do they let them out at school, so he tends to go a little stir crazy being cooped up inside.

Do your kiddos get cabin fever? What do you do to combat it other than just TV or video games?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM
We haven't had any issue this year. Here's a bump.
Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM
We try to play games with her or let her play on someone's laptop. All else fails I will find something I need to get at the store and take her with me just to get her out even if it is only 15 minutes. Here it is normally the rain that keeps them stuck inside but this year it's been more of the cold than rain.
Bluecalm
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:16 PM
This winter has been unusually cold and we've been stuck inside a lot. My 3 year old still has a junky sounding cough so he can't go out and he is going nuts. Yesterday he spent his day dumping tubs of toys all over the house. Today I put on exercise videos for little kids on You Tube and that helped him a lot.
Cindy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:30 PM
My kids are older so they are good. They would rather be on the electronics anyway. BUT the dogs are driving me nuts!! It's too cold to be able to leave them out for any length of time. I had to buy them big HUGE bones to keep them busy for a little while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trio8707
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Blake and Hayden get ansy being inside all day, Olivia loves it!  She's perfectly content being in her own home 24/7

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Yes...he does. But he's also got a multitude of electronic options to keep him busy plus all of his therapy appts so it helps them both.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Brady is usually pretty good  unless we are at home too many days in a row without going somewhere.  He doesn't mind staying inside...as long as we go somewhere:)

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM

yeah , not much of anything works

TheFirstNoel
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM

My DD does. She loves to go outside so it really bugged her when we wouldn't let her. We live in MN and some of those temps were just too dangerous for our liking. She can usually be distracted with a book but a 4 year old can only be entertained by Harry Potter so many times in a day. 

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM
No too bad. They watch a little more tv than id like to admit but sanity is priority
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN