Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make-up days?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • 34 Replies

Do your kids have to make up any days of school they missed due to the weather?

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM

The only thing stated in our school system so far is that the kids will have to go school on President's Day.  I know a neighboring school system is making kids go to school one Saturday each month for February, March, and April.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM
So far we haven't gotten enough snow to cancel any days in this district. We are getting snow right now but I don't think it is going to amount to much. Besides temps are supposed to warm up so will melt away tomorrow at least the last time I watched the news.
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

saturday school , thats a 1st huh

Quoting darbyakeep45:

The only thing stated in our school system so far is that the kids will have to go school on President's Day.  I know a neighboring school system is making kids go to school one Saturday each month for February, March, and April.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM

That's good!

Quoting Linagma03: So far we haven't gotten enough snow to cancel any days in this district. We are getting snow right now but I don't think it is going to amount to much. Besides temps are supposed to warm up so will melt away tomorrow at least the last time I watched the news.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM

They are only making up 3 days...why not just keep the kids an extra 3 days at the end of the year?  Seems weird to me.

Quoting letstalk747:

saturday school , thats a 1st huh

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:04 PM
The kids think so because they don't get out until June 19th.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That's good!

Quoting Linagma03: So far we haven't gotten enough snow to cancel any days in this district. We are getting snow right now but I don't think it is going to amount to much. Besides temps are supposed to warm up so will melt away tomorrow at least the last time I watched the news.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Wow!  We're supposed to be out June 13.

Quoting Linagma03: The kids think so because they don't get out until June 19th.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That's good!

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Our school system tried to take away our winter break just a little over a week from winter break. That didn't fly well with parents who have appointments or reservations already in place. Two days after the annoucement they changed their minds and then found out that only the high school students would need to make the extra days. For them, they will go to school so many extra minutes each day.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Yeah,  I wouldn't be happy with that either...glad they changed their minds!

Quoting JeremysMom:

Our school system tried to take away our winter break just a little over a week from winter break. That didn't fly well with parents who have appointments or reservations already in place. Two days after the annoucement they changed their minds and then found out that only the high school students would need to make the extra days. For them, they will go to school so many extra minutes each day.

Linagma03
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Is that the normal for your kids too?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Wow!  We're supposed to be out June 13.

Quoting Linagma03: The kids think so because they don't get out until June 19th.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That's good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)