Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How do you deal with stress?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:24 AM
  • 37 Replies

Do struggle with stress or feeling overwhelmed at times?  When things change and you can't control them, does it bother you?  How do you deal?  Do you turn to exercise, reading, food, etc?

by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I bite my nails. Also I snack on junk food.
Mipsy
by Chelle on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Food and I talk a lot about it. Part of my OCD. I have obsessive thoughts and if I don't talk about it and through it, it eats at me sending me into panic attacks.
Lennyloves
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Ugh after my third child I picked up smoking. Horrible choice I know. I don't do it in the house, but still. It not anything im proud of and I try my damnest to keep it secret.

In my head it relieves stress. I have a plan to quit, it has been seven years. Its about Damn time I stop. I have to stop making excuses and do it. Easier said than done:(
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Not well, high BP and lots of anxiety!  I'm a good hold it inner!

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Well I have autism so stress can be different for me sometimes. Yeah exercising, crafting, cooking, even doing laundry help. But sometimes I just need to get myself a lot of Coke and sit with my music on in a cafe. I don't know why but Coke helps. When it's very bad I have anxiety meds. They are a lifesaver.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a stress eater. Its why I'm 30 lbs over weight and can't seem to stick to my diet to lose it.
sharonrena
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I pray, go on long walks by myself (to think and/or pray), and clean house like superwoman.

charley31
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I come here to get hope or vent etc.  I also do kick boxing and running.  When im stresed I can't eat, my stomach is usually a mess when Im stressed.  

letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM

food , walk , hot shower

MommyOK
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i picked up an eating habit.....after my 3d child whenever I'm stressed I eat lie crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN